Motorsport Nozzle Sizing

ComnRailPwr

Just want some injector gurus to check my math. I got 6 New BMS nozzles, "100hp" version. I want 225% over stock 03/04 nozzle flow
Stock 03/04 CR nozzle flows 1.080 LPM
Stock BMS nozzle flows 1.512 LPM (correct?)
Stock - 1.080LPMx3.25(225%)=3.51 LPM or 225%
BMS - 3.51LPM / 1.512LPM =2.32 which is 132% over stock BMS flow rate. This should net me 225% over the stock 03/04 CR nozzle. So basically I need to tell them to punch them out to any of the following.
132% over
3.51LPM
3510 mm/minute
3510 cc/minute

All this assuming I have the correct stock flow rates for both nozzles.Yay or na?

I hear mixed reviews on these nozzles, was wondering why people are against this spray angle over the stock angle?

Sent from my fphone

Depends on what pressure they use to flow them at. Thats were it gets all screwed up from all these different injector places. I dont think any of them use the same pressure to flow them.

Just want some injector gurus to check my math. I got 6 New BMS nozzles, "100hp" version. I want 225% over stock 03/04 nozzle flow
Stock 03/04 CR nozzle flows 1.080 LPM
Stock BMS nozzle flows 1.512 LPM (correct?)
Stock - 1.080LPMx3.25(225%)=3.51 LPM or 225%
BMS - 3.51LPM / 1.512LPM =2.32 which is 132% over stock BMS flow rate. This should net me 225% over the stock 03/04 CR nozzle. So basically I need to tell them to punch them out to any of the following.
132% over
3.51LPM
3510000 mm/minute
3510 cc/minute

All this assuming I have the correct stock flow rates for both nozzles.Yay or na?

Fixed it for you.

I hear mixed reviews on these nozzles, was wondering why people are against this spray angle over the stock angle?

Sent from my fphone

It is stock spray angle for 03/04 engines.

Depends on what pressure they use to flow them at. Thats were it gets all screwed up from all these different injector places. I dont think any of them use the same pressure to flow them.

that's why on doing the math, to get a % over stock BMS flow. When you use % over then pressure isn't a concern. Regardless 1600 bar will be used.

Fixed it for you.

thanks. Math look right to you otherwise?

Sent from my fphone

well, it cost me a rebuild. excessive heat/ smoke and i melted hole in the ring land on #1 piston.

So the motorsport nozzles are ok (oem style spray) for 03/04's but not the other years?

Sent from my fphone

I'm currently running motorsport nozzles in my 06... running efi live from anarchy and I have no issues so far... I was hesitant at first, but I researched, with good tuning its not as big an issue

Sent from phone

Get better tuning.

I don't think it was the tuning. He had other issues like them not being Motorsport nozzles and thinking/being told they were.

The pics of his piston showed 8 flame marks not 7. He was running a 03-04 VCO nozzle that was honed.

I've been running my Motorsports for well over a year now and I couldn't be happier. They are super clean and make superb power.

Back