My 3500DRW weekend warrior, daily truck...

angelic0-

It started out as a disgustingly ugly Dodge RAM 2500HD 1995 12valve in 2010...

Bought it in a hurry because i had to pull my E39 535i on a car trailer to a big autmotive event that year , but the plan was abandoned as the rear leaf spring shackles fell apart from rust and after i had that fixed, i quickly decided to see if I could not make a "SUPER Cummins" truck from it...

One thing led to another and in each step it became more powerful and better, until the 2500 body gave in, and was past restoration, so i immediately began looking for another body , finding one that was not rotted out was becoming a handful, and after i just missed this RAM 3500 Dually, I found a 1500 gasser RAM that I bought and quickly started swapping components...

The 1500 was always intended as a test tube until I could find another host for my powertrain, whether it was a classy looking Chevrolet , Ford or Dodge. After a whole summer of endless 0-170mph runs, a brake line blew and the ugly duckling ended it's life on a fuel pump at a local gas-station. Just appreciate that nobody was walking between the car and pump, and that it did not happen at high speeds.

Immediately i was out on the look for a new host for my Cummins, found a 2006 Ford F350 that had been stripped to pieces... no interior... no axles... no powertrain... semi-perfect, but then again not... luckily... it was not for sale...

Decided to contact the owner of RM973 (the dually truck that I had missed out on two years earlier) and agreements were reached on making a switch with a KTM Enduro bike that I had, and there we have it. A few hours later this beautiful Dually with only 60.000 miles on it was sitting in my driveway with no powertrain. Engine, Tranny and Transfer case had been swapped into a Nissan Patrol Y60...

What it looked like when i bought it:
index.php

While i was waiting for parts for my engine to arrive from overseas, i bought this and that and tricked out my truck. I fitted 285/75R16 E-Load tires, painted the rims black, bought a new set of lights and hubcaps, had it buffed and shined to the best looks it has had in years:

1175624_10151847031316142_1804951118_n.jpg

LED tail-lights can't go wrong:

______________________g

I also have these headlights for it, but haven't got around to fit them, work has been killing me:

$T2eC16h,!yEE9s5jHPtcBSDn-mKcbw~~60_3.JPG

at the same time i bought the hubcaps, i also bought these shirts for the wife:

1176336_10151816931211142_1010591089_n.jpg

I decided to sell my NV4500, and build a grenade proof RE47, starting with a RE47 out of my friends 2001 24valve but here is a list of what i've done to the powertrain that is going in:

Motor wise:
BBD 60lbs Valvesprings
Gorilla 6BT Block Girdle
Haisley Machine O-Ring kit
4k GSK
Raptor 150GPH Lift Pump
DDP Stage IV Injectors
Built P-7100 w/13mm plungers
Fuel plate removed
AFC tuned
20° timing
Holset Super HX40 & HX60 Compound Twin Turbos

Tranny wise, i've bought the following:
RED Alto HD Master kit
Transgo SK-TFOD shift kit
Sonnax Billet Accumulator og Servo Kit
Billet Wedge & Strut
og TCI deep sump pan

______________________g

What i'm looking to buy to finish my transmission:
TCS or Suncoast 300M billet input, intermediate & output shafts
6 pinion front planetary and 4pinion rear planetary
looking at a Suncoast triple disc w/ stock stall speed...

Hope i can make crazy boosted launches without breaking anything but maybe driveshafts...

And if i don't do good enough on the strip, i'll keep my laughing gas handy...

Last edited:
I'd like to watch a crusty 2nd gen pass by at 170 mph :)

From a distance

I'd like to watch a crusty 2nd gen pass by at 170 mph :)

From a distance

Here's a video of it doing 140mph, a 340hp E34 M5 (1310kg + 70kg driver + 50kg chick passenger) with good aerodynamics didn't have a chance :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97nb528_Olo"]Ram vs m5 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
After a whole summer of endless 0-170mph runs
Not to be a dick, but if it really did over 170, I would love to see a video, and you are brave if you didnt go through the entire suspension and have awesome tires. I wouldnt go 170 in my Audi (if it went that fast) and it has coilovers, sway bars, great aerodynamics, great brakes (no fixed 6piston stoptechs or anything but still pretty awesome) and 255/35-18 hankook ventus v12's.

Here's a video of it doing 140mph
I'm not knocking you, 140mph is still fast, but that video shows the bimmer doing just over 160kph and you are going maybe 170kph which translates to 99 and 105mph respectively.

140mph would be 225kph.

Not to be a dick, but if it really did over 170, I would love to see a video, and you are brave if you didnt go through the entire suspension and have awesome tires. I wouldnt go 170 in my Audi (if it went that fast) and it has coilovers, sway bars, great aerodynamics, great brakes (no fixed 6piston stoptechs or anything but still pretty awesome) and 255/35-18 hankook ventus v12's.

I'm not knocking you, 140mph is still fast, but that video shows the bimmer doing just over 160kph and you are going maybe 170kph which translates to 99 and 105mph respectively.

140mph would be 225kph.

The speedo on the BMW shows 320kph (200mph) top speed, take a better look, he has already started to slow down and was doing just over 180kph when the camera was turned to the dash... i know i was doing 140mph, because GPS said 220kph..

As you can also see, he is applying brakes.... but i do not touch the brake on the dodge and it slows down pretty fast.... it's that much of a difference in aerodynamics :')

I did a ~170mph run, with 35" Nitto Terra grapplers, it was actually a 266kph @ GPS...

and brave is probably not the correct term.... i trend to leave my brain at home when i go out to crank up the Cummins ;)

I do also have a video of me doing 185mph in a BMW E39 M5, that is piece of cake... but that dodge, i was always waiting for a fender to fly off...

Last edited:
I did about 115 when I was on 35's and the suspension/steering was not great. Now I'm on 37's but the suspension is much better, I bet I would feel comfortable to 120 :p

No way did that truck do 170mph... I have a hard time believing it went supposably 140mph in the vid.

not trying to push it on you guys... but it did happen...

thread is derailing rather fast though... change of subject ?

Somebody on here or YB knows how to calculate how much energy it would take to push that hunk of steel to 170 mph, let's do the math and go from there shall we?

Posted while changing the glow plugs in my cummings.

i know how to
I need a guesstimate on the frontal area of his truck...

Its gotta be 7 ft tall and 7 ft wide , right?

assuming that measurement, 6k lbs, giving him a generous Coefficient of Drag for a pickup, its in the 1500 hp range

Last edited:
:hehe::hehe:Alright so let me tell you about this fish that got away............:hehe:
Bottom line he's wait what...see post one T-shirt.... She's proud of her truck and everybody was there at some point
Bragging about a road kill! Give him/her? a :Cheer: and move on to the next story:
Try no brakes going down a five mile hill with 25k behind pushing and nowhere to go Want the rest ask!:redx:

Last edited:
i know how to
I need a guesstimate on the frontal area of his truck...

Its gotta be 7 ft tall and 7 ft wide , right?

assuming that measurement, 6k lbs, giving him a generous Coefficient of Drag for a pickup, its in the 1500 hp range

That's ignoring the gearing that would be required to keep that p-pump in a happy range with only a 4k gsk. Would be looking at 3200-3700rpm while going 170mph.

It's doable, I had my truck really close to 170 but mine has the flame thrower option........

170 mph with 35" Nittos, a 3.54 rear end, a 0.79 overdrive, and no clutch/converter slip is over 4,600 rpm.

I've found my GPS to report some inaccuracies when it comes to speed...especially fast speed.

Back