My carnage in holister pulls

josh03

don't ask
So someone got a vid of my disappointing pull, heres a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=rick256land#p/u/0/LMZ5wjHAw34

I ended up with a blown out dana 70 rear and the front driveshaft lost the front most u-joint- blew the caps right off. So here's what I think happened; In the process of letting the clutch out the rear end let loose, putting the majority of the power to the front, making things start to shimmy like crazy, which made the front driveshaft lose the u-joint. Thats what I speculate, take a look and see if you can come up with a different scenario. Thanks!

I see why people say D70 + pulling don't mix. Didn't hop or anything and you just blew out that rear like nothing.

Ya your right about what happend, it's pretty common for the front end to come apart when the rear lets go

hey cole, josh wants to get a hold of you about those other dana 80s you mentioned. his number is 707 972 2773 . hes wondering if one of them has a posi and 410s..

I was sad for you when you blew. There was some pretty good carnage this year at the pulls so that was cool, well from a spectators POV

friggen dana 70 didnt make 5 feet it looks like from that vid..

Ya I see why everyone says that 70s won't hold up to pulling. If anybody knows where I can find an 80 with 4.10s let me know!

tic toc tic toc,, we know where there is one with 3.54 that seemed to work fine in the past.. lol

There was some pretty good carnage this year at the pulls

Which is the sign of a good hooking track, by far the best track we have out this way.

Sorry about the carnage Josh but you needed to to ditch the 70 anyway. Get the D80 in for next year!!!!

BBD

Haha ya it was definitely time to ditch that 70. Looks like we'll be pickin up one tomorrow and it'll be ready for medesto.

Back