My current project...finally

rick stark

Diesel Dummy
Well finally I have my own build thread so try not to poke fun to bad haha
It all started with a oil in coolant problem and I was chasing it for a couple months. I changed the head gasket, oil cooler gasket, and tested the oil cooler and I thought it was fixed. So the last time I had the truck on the road (6 hour round trip) head gasket went again and there was still oil in the coolant. There were a lot of variables between the ARP replacement studs (stretched 3 times) and never having the block or head decked after having the head off 4 times. With all the reading on here and talking to people and it's about a 50/50 toss up between the two, it's either everything being out of square or the block is cracked...so I decided to pull the engine and build it the way I want. I don't really have a "goal" per say just putting in all the parts and going with it while still using it as a daily driver.
The new parts going in are:
SDX 5x16s
SDX Comp DVs
5k gsk
Hamilton 188/220
Hamilton valve springs with titanium keepers and retainers
Coated fly cut pistons (just to be on the safe side)
Girdle
ARP 625 head studs
ARP 14mm mains
O ring head
GT4202 (going compounds using the 64)
Snow MPG Max
Sperco Intercooler
Flex a lites
I got to save up a little bit more cash cause I'm having all the machine work done and the engine assembled by Harts Diesel hopefully...
And currently I swapped the D70 out for a D80 (all stock) just gonna try and put a air locker in it with a mag hytec cover.
Here's some pictures from back in February til now of the progress of the engine and other misc. things traction bars sled stops etc. and I will keep it updated. If anyone has any questions or would like more pictures I will grant to the best of my ability.
a6936895-93ae-d0d2.jpg

a6936895-9430-39a0.jpg

a6936895-9490-ff15.jpg

a6936899-a7fa-89ee.jpg

a6936899-a8a3-57f5.jpg

Marine 330s spraying out of the bowl^^^
a6936899-a485-8863.jpg

a6936899-a55a-1254.jpg

a6936899-a58b-be7c.jpg

Start of the traction bars ^^^^
a6936899-a5f1-8c95.jpg

Just a giant puzzle haha
a6936899-a65f-81d0.jpg
a6936899-a677-8579.jpg

Thank you SDX! ^^^^
a6936899-a6ba-743c.jpg

All cleaned and repainted ^^^^
a6936899-a73d-2aa7.jpg

Traction bars done for the most part

Last edited:
Also for got to add for the new stuff Smith Brothers Pushrods 24v tappets and a 24v oil pump*

Sorry about the pictures being so big...

Nice, you need a bigger garage haha

Posted via tapatalk if you know what i mean

Its like a fridge no matter how big it is youll still fill it.

Posted via tapatalk if you know what i mean

Nick, Dear Jesus! Its about time. I will say, when it was in its old form it was an unbelievably fun truck to drive. Quick to light and ran rather good in my opinion. Cant wait to see how this turns out. Best of luck man!

ok then... You gonna put the flex plate on this time??

I sure would like to have that gt4202.... I bought my 4294 off ebay hoping it was an 4202. Guess i never get lucky that way

-ViTO-

I bought it off a guy who really didnt know anything bout it.... I could tell it was a gt42, just couldnt tell if it was an 4202. I cant complain, i got it new for less then 300 bucks and came with a billet comp wheel. :)

So ima run a he341 with it, as a set of quick spoolin twins

-ViTO-

Last edited:
Dam! That aint to shabby! Can't complain about that! I bet that is a quick spooling setup. What's it gated at?

Last edited:
Dam! That aint to shabby! Can't complain about that! I bet that is a quick spooling setup. What's it gated at?

Still working on getting the engine all back together, i had a super b special before tear down..... So, this will be my first set of compounds

Im Currently awaiting the rockers to be milled for studs, so this is how mine looks rite now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340390967.366406.jpg

And heres my gta42 and 341
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340391017.898410.jpg

Btw you got a good lookin build, cant wait to see it finished

-ViTO-

Still working on getting the engine all back together, i had a super b special before tear down..... So, this will be my first set of compounds

Im Currently awaiting the rockers to be milled for studs, so this is how mine looks rite now.
View attachment 36003

And heres my gta42 and 341
View attachment 36004

Btw you got a good lookin build, cant wait to see it finished

-ViTO-

Thanks bud. I too was running a SBS before the teardown. I have a feeling that your build is similar to mine.

Its about time Nick. I miss seeing this truck. Cant wait to see the finished product buddy. Hope your still not all butt hurt about me not taking that job in Illinois. LOL

Its about time Nick. I miss seeing this truck. Cant wait to see the finished product buddy. Hope your still not all butt hurt about me not taking that job in Illinois. LOL

Thanks Stefan and no I'm not butt hurt anymore lol

Back