My first and last trip to a dealership... (hung throttle)

bateman

Well, I took my 95 in for two recalls. One was the throttle cable and linkage. Other is ignition harness overlay/ blower motor relay. Ignition recall is back ordered for life it looks like. So they do the throttle recall. Pick my truck up today and away I go.

1st mishap. No overdrive. I know exactly what the prob is. Pull over and plug in the TPS. No problem, dumbazz.

2nd mishap. Throttle seems to be stiff. I figure it’s gotta wear the rod ends in a bit, but I notice that a circlip or something is missing. Throttle lever at the TPS has some play. Damit man.

3rd mishap. Throttle is hung. Holy sht boys here we go. No body dies and my truck doesn’t blow up. Now I’m ready to light someone’s azz completely up!

One of the cable ends (cruise or TV) is hitting the TPS plug bad. Bad enough to catch the cable end and hold it.

I don’t pay anything done for this reason. I’ll do dam near anything if I can at least half way understand what’s going on. I’m thorough and I haven’t f’d myself up or over yet.

I guess I’m here to ask how bad do I flip my sht tomorrow? If I had went back tonight I’m afraid I’d be in jail. So tomorrow I plan to be there when the doors open. I want the tech and the boss’s boss there. Other than that I don’t know what to do I just want to slap the hell out of the tech but I know I can’t. I sure as hell don’t want them to “fix” it or “make it right”. For what it’s worth my truck is ugly. Half the paint missing and by far the least nice thing on the lot. I’m sure they don’t think much of it.

Man I ain’t been this mad ever I don’t think. Had someone got hurt because my truck barreled across the interstate wide open...

Totally lose your schit.
Live stream it for us.
We'll take up a collection to spring you on bail afterwards. :hehe:

Mark.

Haha I needed a good laugh Mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-yNs7XfTmc

Any ideas what is missing here? The wiggle in the lever seems to be a missing circlip, but why is the TV cable hitting the TPS plug? I’ll keep staring at it. Seems like there are 4-5 different linkage versions.

Forgot I have a quick serve account. Maybe I can find a proper diagram

I'd say wait until the place is full, then go off, loudly!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Take the dogs with you. Have them next to you, growling, the whole time while you calmly give the service manager the what-for. Record it for posterity. :hehe:

It’s bent. The lever that the TV and front end of throttle rod are connected to is bent. Bad.

The top of my head is hot and tingling like a mofo. Idk what in the hell is going down tomorrow, but I’m shaking with “excitement”.

JPipes, I’m all in on that idea.

Bac, I wish I could roll in like that. One dog would lick them to death and the other would bite everyone in the building.

I really wish I could just drive this truck through the front door and park it on top of their Hellcat. Well guys the throttle hung! Oops.

Take the dogs with you. Have them next to you, growling, the whole time while you calmly give the service manager the what-for. Record it for posterity. :hehe:

I will add that he MUST give it a "Higgins" touch, accent and all.
Maybe toss in a "Zeus" and/or "Apollo" for good measure. :D

Mark.

I think I understand how you feel but I'd almost guarantee nothing will be accomplished by going there. It's almost a certainty they are going to deny responsibility. Hopefully they'll help you out but I wouldn't expect much.

Fatty, you’re absolutely right. I wouldn’t let them touch this truck again anyways. I’m mad as hell at me for being so dumb. I knew better. Just based off of other people’s stories I knew better.

It might not make sense, but I really just want to light some ases up. In front of everybody. I would also like to see the tech go search for my circlip that he forgot to install. Sometimes an aschewing is good for both parties. I rarely ever get fired up, but this is inexcusable. The least I can do is ruin this guys day.

Was there seriously two recalls on a 25 year old truck?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Total? Like 16 I think. Only two that weren’t completed. One was a throttle cable that could fray and stick. The other is the blower relay that causes melted wires and ignition switches to burn up. I looked into it and against my better judgement decided to take it in. They gave me a new Wrangler to drive while the work was done. All was dandy until now.

I’ve got it fixed good enough to make it to work. I’ll get a circlip there and it will be good to go.

Do they have one of the drive thru drop off lanes? If they do drive your truck right in there. Make them fix it right there with the tech that did the work or his boss, whichever you think may be more competent. Make sure you have the service manager there, and maybe the general manager if possible.

I can tell you now that making a scene in the service department will make you feel better. Do not let them take you into an office, in front of the world to see is the best. I also suggest going in around 5 PM, when most people are picking up their cars from having them serviced.

06, I like the way you think. I feel excellent. Didn’t want anything for free. I just wanted to raise my voice.

I just lit it all the way up in those drive thru lanes. Managers were there and every customer in the waiting area was staring. I honestly hope they fukin fire the guy. They were kissing ass pretty good and the manager seemed to be a knowledgeable guy on my truck and took everything seriously.

I bent the bracket back in shape and I’m on quickserve now to find the c clip. It’s due back in January for the blower relay and harness and I’m pretty nervous about it but I can’t get the parts myself so I’m kind of stuck.

The kid doing the work was probably not even born in 95, was probably lost having to work on an old mechanical relic.

He probably had to post on cummins forum to know what to do, ha

The kid doing the work was probably not even born in 95, was probably lost having to work on an old mechanical relic.

He probably had to post on cummins forum to know what to do, ha

LOL I was just going to say the guy doing it probably hasn't set up a throttle linkage on anything, since, forever :lolly:

I know sometimes you can get the dealer to give you the parts, depending on how cool your dealer is. I would say you should have plenty of pull for your next recall to make that happen

Back