My fuel and air setup??

Diesel Inside

I have been reading through the threads here and other places about the super b special which seems to be the best turbo for the price and I figured if I buy a turbo and injectors I might as well get the bigger one.

My question is how will this turbo and 200s tow around 6k lbs in a 2wd with the 3.5xs?? gears and about a 31 inch tire?

Would I be happier with a 62 and 150s for towing and quick spoolup?

It is my daily ride and I dont want to push the boost enough to need studs and head work. I would just like it to have the power to run 13s and outrun a couple local 3rd gens and a 6.7 smarty tuned truck.

Thanks for any input on this fairly vague question.:Cheer:

I have always thought a 62/71 and a good set of 150's is a great "all around" setup..... It runs cool and clean and still pulls pretty hard..... but... I run 200's now with the same ole 62 and it still cleans up, makes alot more power and is still pretty driveable! it is dirtier though!

I has a 66 for a while and didn't really like it, I honestly would like to run a 64 just to see what the difference is on the street as well as the track and whatnot.... but it will be a while before that happens

Yeah I am torn between the 64 and 200s or a 62 and 150s since you can do either of these for about the same price. Would my truck with the 62 combe run on the highway with oh say a srt10 ram? I am just comparing this because one came up affordable but I dont want to spend the money on it when I could turn up the cummins.

Oh and I am pretty sure mine weighs around 6200.

Yeah I am torn between the 64 and 200s or a 62 and 150s since you can do either of these for about the same price. Would my truck with the 62 combe run on the highway with oh say a srt10 ram? I am just comparing this because one came up affordable but I dont want to spend the money on it when I could turn up the cummins.

Oh and I am pretty sure mine weighs around 6200.

I'm not sure... I would say the srt10 is gonna pull harder above 100ish.... but before that you might could run with or close....... the track would probably be a different story though... if your an auto

I'm not sure... I would say the srt10 is gonna pull harder above 100ish.... but before that you might could run with or close....... the track would probably be a different story though... if your an auto

Well I know of one that ran 106 in the 1/4 but only ran a 13.40 so the mph shows its roll racing potential. I just want about the same roll on power as that truck. Quick math tells me I would need about 620+ flywheel hp which is pretty doable with a 62 I think.

Well I know of one that ran 106 in the 1/4 but only ran a 13.40 so the mph shows its roll racing potential. I just want about the same roll on power as that truck. Quick math tells me I would need about 620+ flywheel hp which is pretty doable with a 62 I think.

Possibly, but you wil have to stud it and cam it, and do more than you want to that vp to get it done

Possibly, but you wil have to stud it and cam it, and do more than you want to that vp to get it done

Would I still need the studs if I can keep the boost below 45lbs? And its not a problem to put them in I just didnt want to spend the extra cash since I would like to keep it below that thresh hold. I mean 500 at the wheels is about the same as 600 at the crank. Not trying to act like a know it all just that is what I heard. What are the benifits of the cam besides spool up?

BTW you get you parts?

Would I still need the studs if I can keep the boost below 45lbs? And its not a problem to put them in I just didnt want to spend the extra cash since I would like to keep it below that thresh hold. I mean 500 at the wheels is about the same as 600 at the crank. Not trying to act like a know it all just that is what I heard. What are the benifits of the cam besides spool up?

BTW you get you parts?

you can pop a gasket at 40ish psi.... I popped mine around 46ish... but it could hold together.... I would go 200s.... pretty clean with no box, but still makes good power

you can pop a gasket at 40ish psi.... I popped mine around 46ish... but it could hold together.... I would go 200s.... pretty clean with no box, but still makes good power

200s it is and I will just keep the boost low until it gets too hot.

Just change the studs one at a time for some arp 2000's or similar. They aren't that much to chance it. Once it's blown it is alot more labor. Why make yourself something to worry about. Just save a little longer and get it done right.

Back