My HP goal a little out of reach?

12 blades

Then it is not an S300 turbine, it is a K31 with a smaller exhaust housing. Both the SB and K31 wheels are prone to failure with N20 use and lack of a wastegate. I agree, keep the parts you have, find a different dyno if your worried about numbers on a piece of paper.

Well this hasn't helped much. Just a bunch of smart ass remarks. I'm asking for help, and any is greatly appreciated! I'm am concerned about numbers on a piece of paper. This is my hobby and I put everything into it. But if some of the guys can't get off their high horses and help then so be it I guess........

A 525cc pump and your 71 should be plenty of fuel and air. I'd try running your afc on the tight side and a less agressive plate than a 100. I'm not sure if the 71 is too big of a charger so it might create a problem with reaching your goal. For some reason a 64/71/14 made more power and runs cooler than a 66/71/14. Right now I'm playing with the 66 and a new cam in my truck and it has higher egt's than it did with the stock cam and the 64.

Well this hasn't helped much. Just a bunch of smart ass remarks. I'm asking for help, and any is greatly appreciated! I'm am concerned about numbers on a piece of paper. This is my hobby and I put everything into it. But if some of the guys can't get off their high horses and help then so be it I guess........
I guess you must have missed my reply. I've got a lot less fuel and air than you and I'm at the 700hp level. Less aggressive plate, smaller turbo, and a lot of timing.

What pump do you have? timing? boost drive and comp pressures some of those will help as I am at 600+ (low) but way over fueled, 66-71-13ss, 6x16 and 191 at 24* ran 55psi boost but ditched the 6x16 and now 5x16 with lift and stroked, havent rented dyno time to tune but will in the spring...hoping for 650+ to the ground.

The way I see it you got honest answers to your question. Now you're all hurt because someone told you how to reach the power level you want? :what:
If you're so concerned about numbers on paper put your stock turbo back on and fuel the hell out of it...it's all about how fast you can lite the turbo and get those rollers spinning.

A stock turbo can make better dyno numbers than a K31

I guess you must have missed my reply. I've got a lot less fuel and air than you and I'm at the 700hp level. Less aggressive plate, smaller turbo, and a lot of timing.

I did miss your post, Ok, now what can I do to tune this thing in? I'm pretty sure its gonna take more to get to 700 so be it. Everyone other than yours said more spray,........ that's lame. I like a challenge but am still learning. Thanks for being serious with me. Means a lot!

I might have missed it but what is your timing set at? You might try adding some timing into it and see where that gets you. And like brettwinspeed suggested try some different plates in the pump and the position of the plate, all the way forward isn't always good. And spend some time tuning on your afc, I would set it pretty tight it seems to make turbos alot more responsive when running alot of fueling.

What pump do you have? timing? boost drive and comp pressures some of those will help as I am at 600+ (low) but way over fueled, 66-71-13ss, 6x16 and 191 at 24* ran 55psi boost but ditched the 6x16 and now 5x16 with lift and stroked, havent rented dyno time to tune but will in the spring...hoping for 650+ to the ground.

The 913 original, it flows 525cc's. And have the supporting mods to keep it supplied... timing is at 24*

I might have missed it but what is your timing set at? You might try adding some timing into it and see where that gets you. And like brettwinspeed suggested try some different plates in the pump and the position of the plate, all the way forward isn't always good. And spend some time tuning on your afc, I would set it pretty tight it seems to make turbos alot more responsive when running alot of fueling.

AFC doesn't BUDGE till 30 psi, I've ran only one other plate a 10, and the truck runs way smoother with the 100? Any thing I'm missing?

I believe the 913 has retard notches and anything more than 18-19 rack travel will diminish your timing so that will be a goog place to start. My 847 pump also did over 550cc but it was into the retard notch past 18 and now at 19 it is 340 ish and should be 750 clean HP

I believe the 913 has retard notches and anything more than 18-19 rack travel will diminish your timing so that will be a goog place to start. My 847 pump also did over 550cc but it was into the retard notch past 18 and now at 19 it is 340 ish and should be 750 clean HP

Ya it does, I figured with the added rack I would just compensate with timing. Cause it hits 21mm of travel

AFC doesn't BUDGE till 30 psi, I've ran only one other plate a 10, and the truck runs way smoother with the 100? Any thing I'm missing?
With your afc not budging until 30psi, is it allowing enough afc travel so the gov arm even reaches the plate? I use paint on the afc and on the plate to check mine. Too much fuel down low create higher egt's, and not enough make it hard to spool the turbo.

How laggy is your 71, less timing will help it spool, but hurt your topend power. Too high of timing will hurt your spoolup, but give you more power up top. I haven't seen any hard facts on it, but I have heard that trying to cram more air than a 64mm turbo can produce through a stock intercooler creates heat. Heat on the intake side hurts HP.

The only way to really tune it in is spending time on a Dyno, or at the track. Make one change at a time and see how it performs. It's to hard to notice a 10-20 hp loss or gain out on the street, sometimes it will just feel faster because you tell yourself that it should be faster with the change you just made.

The afc has a stock gsk, so at 65 psi its all the way advanced. I tuned the afc off the truck with shop air. Turbo spools fine, bout 15psi is 2200 rpm. I think I went about adjusting the afc correctly...? Lol

BUMP ! Keep it comin guys, this is helpin. I should have the truck running tonight. Got my drive line back yesterday and the auto is in. Were gonna do the timing again tonight cause the pump was off the truck,.... Where should i set the timing respecfully ? I was thinkin 22* so when i hit full rack its at 18 or so degrees ? What do you guys think..

Thanks Again for the help !

I set my timing in my 215 pump at 22 and really like how it runs there. My plate is set to not allow it to hit the retard notches right now so not sure how yours will run when it hits them.

If your injector are 145* spray pattern, I'd set timing for 26 degrees.

Back