My new best 10.70 @ 129.4

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
Not only is "Gunny" staying UNSwoled, it's running dang good. I went to the Atlanta Street Car Takeover / 1320 Video Event at Commerce GA yesterday and tried to show up a few gassers. I missed sign in for the classes so just did T&T.
Temps were in the mid 90's but a nice day.

First pass was a 10.70 @ 129.4 MPH. I need to 60's better and a bit cooler temps, and I hope to be at 10.50's. This pass at my weigh in weight of 7100 lbs. calculates 1044 WHP.

2nd pass was worse at 10.84 @ 129.6 (Some Squid double bulbed me and I rushed. Didn't get up to boost)

3rd pass I spun due to a little too much boost for All Terrain tires lol
10.80 @ 129.4

I have my GoPro vids but not uploaded yet. Here is the Video from my Buddies YT channel. These are the first two passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXNpgvNsI2k

Here are the times slips in order.

7A89C305-7E9A-49A2-AAF2-2FA6440563E9_zpsxavprw42.jpg

My buddy Jason brought out his newly purchased Twin Turbo'd Lambo. He was slipping the clutches launching it so he decided to "Roll Race" it and ended up winning that event at $500.00. He took out the $1.3 Porsche 918 to do it.

Pics and Vids of those later.

2F122F76-B959-423A-80B9-2A27862BBF50_zpsmifdjur2.jpg

7D95EE6D-E89E-48CD-8BB8-37D17569563E_zpsfqlqjp49.jpg

66CC4068-978F-47B9-9559-2BB2E7AFB3DB_zpsvxiphs5y.jpg

Nice times

Thanks!

That looks like a blast, poor vette! ha ha....did 1320video take an interest?

They had multiple events going on so some of the crew was there at Vengeance Racing Friday night. They did a very quick interview with me prior to the dyno runs.

Vengeance dyno was getting hammered and my first pull shut their computer down or something. They had to reset it. 2nd pull only read 879HP which was highest still for all the cars including a full race Camaro (850 hp), so they finally brought out their richest customers Twin Turbo'd Nitrous'd Corvette and put down 1400+ whp. I don't think they wanted to give a diesel guy the $500 prize at a gasser modding company's event. LOL

Their dyno was obviously not reading mine correct (who knows for the gassers), because all my passes (weight & mph) calculate 1044-1050 ish WHP). Which is Right inline with my pull on Garmons (Former Dunbar Dyno) at 1053 WHP.

There was a guy their from BigKleib34 on youtube. He did a good interview (except I was sweating my ballz off it was so hot and looked like A$$ i'm sure), walk around vid, vids at the line, and stuck a GoPro on my truck for a pass. He said he'll showcase it for sure.

Last edited:
There was a guy their from BigKleib34 on youtube. He did a good interview (except I was sweating my ballz off it was so hot and looked like A$$ i'm sure), walk around vid, vids at the line, and stuck a GoPro on my truck for a pass. He said he'll showcase it for sure.

I'll look forward to making fun of you! I've ran across some of his videos, he does good work, just goes to show, you can't judge a channel by its YouTube name lol....

What are your mods or do you have a link to your build thread? Been following you since the swoling days in your silver truck and didn't even know you had another truck.

I'll look forward to making fun of you! I've ran across some of his videos, he does good work, just goes to show, you can't judge a channel by its YouTube name lol....

You can see him in the vids of my go pro. I need to work on getting them up.
He seemed pretty cool.

What are your mods or do you have a link to your build thread? Been following you since the swoling days in your silver truck and didn't even know you had another truck.

Well it's pretty mild by comparison to some others. Jeff Garmon built it for a friend / customer of his (Shane R.) and has gone through some changes over the years. Shane beat the snot out of it for a year or so until his wife made him sell it last year. lol So I got rid of my 2012 to get this one. I've owned it since Last September 2014.

But the most recent build (Approx. 2 years old now) is this:

- Brand new block from Cummins (5.9)

- 12V rods

- 03-04 pistons cut .125 off the top to decompress a bit. (not coated I don't think)

- Stock head (no porting) with just good valve seats screwed in (I think)...Oh, I think it's 0-ringed too.

- Box 64 over a box 480 (96/1.32) with a quick homemade blow off valve that just vents to atmosphere. Soon it'll be getting a real wastegate and plumbed into the hot pipe to help the primary. Only make 71-72 lbs. of boost on the street.

- Exergy BMS 150% over injectors

- Dual stock CP3's ( I think. I'll have to ask Shane if he had them modded)

-Garmons Double FAT Comp Tranny ( Fat input and Fat Output ).

- A VERY conservative EFI Live tune by Rich at DogHouseDiesel (the guy building the triples and header 1600 hp build - thread is in Garmons section here). He calls it the "Swole" tune because he won't give me enough timing to hurt it. lol I think 30* max on timing.
I took that as a challenge of course. He saw the vids and says we need to tweak it a bit. He's not had a chance to log it yet.

I think that's about it. Those runs were on Nitto AT tires. 45 psi Front and 40 psi Back. It wouldn't hook over 23-24 psi of boost, hence the sucky 60 Ft. times.

Last edited:
Just curious, but why so much tire pressure? I know other folks who seem to 60ft the best at about 25-30psi.

Just curious, but why so much tire pressure? I know other folks who seem to 60ft the best at about 25-30psi.

Ha!! Lol

I was afraid to go too low because I only had so much air in my portable tank that I brought with me. I drove the truck 70 miles there and had to drive it home so I wanted to make sure I did not screw up my tires with low air pressure on the way home. My compressor is too big to take with me.

I'm sure had I been able to lower the pressure enough to cut a 1.6 60 ft. I may have been able to break into the 10.50s

A video of the Lambo and my buddy Jason doing the roll racing stuff. I'll have some later of the finals at night.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1jKNn-qQrg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1jKNn-qQrg[/ame]

And here is the Porsche 918 spyder that my buddy had to race to get to the finals of the role racing event.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8gwjSouUNY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8gwjSouUNY[/ame]

Back