My pos again.

Sounds like it pulled down to bout 3 grand.. My truck used to do that, had to blow the tires up so i could get em to spin to keep the Rs up.

Lynn

Whats the timing set at? What exh wheel and housing on the charger? Injectors, cam, exh temps? need more info. Your final drive is mid 14:1 so you should be able to run 4K down the track

Whats the timing set at? What exh wheel and housing on the charger? Injectors, cam, exh temps? need more info. Your final drive is mid 14:1 so you should be able to run 4K down the track

I'm with him need more info on what's going on with your setup! How does it do in 4th 4low? BTW, has your pump been flowed? There are a couple of really nice pump shop guys on here who can max out your pump for a REALLY good price.

IMO I think it might be in the Pump/Timing.

With the 160 I could carry quite a lot more RPM than that, and I had the timing set in the 25* range (was told to run that by the guy that made the pistons in there)

That run had

JL 7x15's
Hasiley sled puller cam
180 pump 480cc "100 plate in" Just tried the plate the last couple runs
30* timing
Ed charger 2.6x4.2 with a 3.4x3.0 turbine
1600ish egts

That run had

JL 7x15's
Hasiley sled puller cam
180 pump 480cc "100 plate in" Just tried the plate the last couple runs
30* timing
Ed charger 2.6x4.2 with a 3.4x3.0 turbine
1600ish egts

Not bashing but have heard of probally 10 other trucks with same problem running their chargers some have the blades hit the wall, some surge, some flat wont run. I would test it with another charger. Also when you put the cam in was the truck a VP and if it wasnt when you got the cam did you tell them it was for a 24v conversion, it maybe degreeded to run on a VP truck not a high rpm p-pump

Also when you put the cam in was the truck a VP and if it wasnt when you got the cam did you tell them it was for a 24v conversion, it maybe degreeded to run on a VP truck not a high rpm p-pump

What I was thinking too_Or it could be a 12V cam core and it has a different centerline then a 24V that could cause it to flounder out.

The cam was designed for a P Pump. The pistons, Cam, Pushrods were all designed for the motor. It was all built by 01Ppump for his 2.6 puller last year.

Its a haisley puller cam. Getting them to give their cam specs is going to be the hard part........

Rusty, try throwing on that box s465 and see how it does. that sucker is brand new, and Im sure it can help narrow things down a bit for ya.

i run preaty close to your set up only with 12v....pump 12mm 480cc+ 5kgsk..same cam... big bowl pistons valve reliefs..30*time'n......s475 charger only diff....4.88s i run 4th gear 4low come out at 4500 weighted tripple disc i need to take a weight or two off.... truck will climb to 5k by 100 foot hold that but choke out at end but that gear seems about right with 4.88s...but thats with 33s

is that your old truck jeff? Im with these guys i would change the turbo. I run 20*timing on a 160pump and a box 3" turbo with the 74-83 wheel and turn 3600+ down the track in low 3rd(auto)

I'm running 33's as well. I'm having a buddy bring me his extra htt66 to schieds to try. I plan on putting it on there and heading up to our points pull on Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DBpLfWd2FY

This is with the htt66 ran a lot better and carried 4000rpm down the track. But it some some reason built a bunch of pressure in the fuel tank. When I shut it down I could see fuel coming out the fuel door and I took the cap off and had a lot of pressure behind it.

I run a A1000 fuel pump with 1/2" supply line and use a 3/8" return with a aeromotive reg. Never had a problem with pressure building before.

Back