My TRE transmission

RyeThomas

So last saturday I went down and had Tim install a DTT/TRE trans. I went with DTT converter, master rebuild, Billet flex, input, servo, accumulator, apply lever, band anchor, Tim provided the Borg warner Solenoid and when he looked at the DTT valve body kit and determined it hadnt changed since my last trans in 07 we went with his new kit. I have to tell you with Tims new valve body there is no need for a shift enhancer, and no 1/2/3 shuttle shifts even 1st thing in the am when cold in my neighborhood. This trans shifts so much better than my last Dtt.
The only reason I didnt go with an entire TRE build is I picked up my DTT parts secondhand new in the box at such a great deal Tim said he couldnt beat it. What I will say is if I didnt get such a good deal on all the parts I would have gone the full TRE build and I still would have saved over $1000.00 over the next guy. I dont know why guys are going anywhere else?
1- its cheaper
2- no down time, 5-6hr build in front of you
3- unreal warranty
The only thing I can tell is not many people know of him. His drag truck is pretty quick and has his trans. He also has put down over 1000hp with his trans. So just wanted you guys out there on the fence to know you dont have to pull your trans and send it cross country, and you dont have to drop it off at a shop and wait 2 weeks, and you dont need to spend $5 K on a billet trans.

Any questions feel free to PM me. Rye.

So last saturday I went down and had Tim install a DTT/TRE trans. I went with DTT converter, master rebuild, Billet flex, input, servo, accumulator, apply lever, band anchor, Tim provided the Borg warner Solenoid and when he looked at the DTT valve body kit and determined it hadnt changed since my last trans in 07 we went with his new kit. I have to tell you with Tims new valve body there is no need for a shift enhancer, and no 1/2/3 shuttle shifts even 1st thing in the am when cold in my neighborhood. This trans shifts so much better than my last Dtt.
The only reason I didnt go with an entire TRE build is I picked up my DTT parts secondhand new in the box at such a great deal Tim said he couldnt beat it. What I will say is if I didnt get such a good deal on all the parts I would have gone the full TRE build and I still would have saved over $1000.00 over the next guy. I dont know why guys are going anywhere else?
1- its cheaper
2- no down time, 5-6hr build in front of you
3- unreal warranty
The only thing I can tell is not many people know of him. His drag truck is pretty quick and has his trans. He also has put down over 1000hp with his trans. So just wanted you guys out there on the fence to know you dont have to pull your trans and send it cross country, and you dont have to drop it off at a shop and wait 2 weeks, and you dont need to spend $5 K on a billet trans.

Any questions feel free to PM me. Rye.

Tim has done a lot of work for us (two trucks) including TRE transmission, he's a great guy and good to his word. He does alot more than transmissions, motor work, ppump tuning/bench, etc...

paid advertisement?

cheerleader?

do tell

Tim just takes that good of care of his customers. I drive 600 miles one way to go see him when I need tranny work, and I smile the whole time. He really is a great guy, and a heck of a wrench!

His service is as good, or better, as ANY of the other builders that I have had experience with!

Chris

I wish I got paid for something, haha. But no. I am a repeat customer that met Tim when he rebuilt my new performance transmission on my other 06 when the original builder was jerking me around back in 2007. the original builder would need it for a week here a week there and still never got it right.I just wanted to let others to know about another option that's out there, rather than sending your trans out or leaving it at a shop for a few days/weeks. I don't post much here but I am not a troll or paid by him in any way. He built my other 06 to 750 way back when that was a big number. that was at the fall brawl in 07, had we had time to test and tune that truck would have been an 850hp truck. He has helped me out many times, so I am just returning the favor and trying to get the word out that he should be ranked with the other big named builders that's all. Cheerlead off. Rye.

Tim is a good guy, and between him and Lavon have helped me out with a few things. I now own Lavon's brothers old truck which has one of his transmissions in it and I really like it.

I wish I got paid for something, haha. But no. I am a repeat customer that met Tim when he rebuilt my new performance transmission on my other 06 when the original builder was jerking me around back in 2007. the original builder would need it for a week here a week there and still never got it right.I just wanted to let others to know about another option that's out there, rather than sending your trans out or leaving it at a shop for a few days/weeks. I don't post much here but I am not a troll or paid by him in any way. He built my other 06 to 750 way back when that was a big number. that was at the fall brawl in 07, had we had time to test and tune that truck would have been an 850hp truck. He has helped me out many times, so I am just returning the favor and trying to get the word out that he should be ranked with the other big named builders that's all. Cheerlead off. Rye.
Man I haven't seen you in a few yrs since dtr days. Good to see you around.

Tim just takes that good of care of his customers. I drive 600 miles one way to go see him when I need tranny work, and I smile the whole time. He really is a great guy, and a heck of a wrench!

His service is as good, or better, as ANY of the other builders that I have had experience with!

Chris

:clap: agreed. when i was looking for QSB pistons, which at the time were very hard to find, he helped me out, got me everything i needed for my engine build, and he even wanted to stay and did stay in direct contact with my machine shop. he went out of his way to ensure that my build was going correctly and i cant thank him enough, not many shops will take time out of there buisness to look after a customer. so if anyone calls that cheerleading then i will cheerlead on :cheer:. not many shops will do that, i called so many places,some of which are supporting vendors, had the money ready to purchase the engine parts i needed and got nothing but unreturned calls, or got treated like garbage. i will continue to do buisness with him, regardless if he is a supporting vendor. just because a company is on this forum does not mean they are willing to go the extra mile to help out.

I have made the 600 plus mile drive several times. He has even helped me with a problem on a sunday afternoon over the phone.

LOL ^^ on edit beat me to it.

No doubt, gave him a call on a Sunday one time as I have no concept of weekends didn't get an answer of course. Not even a hour later get a call back....like who does that in this day and age.

Last edited:
I've never heard a bad thing about Tim B in the 7 or so yrs I've been on the forums, nothing but happy customers.

Tim Barber is good people. And the man can put away some Jagermiester, that is for sure!

Glad you like your transmission, Tim has treated me very well and his transmission setup is incredible!

Back