My truck is officially slow....(video)

Cummins Driver

THE Cummins Driver
Me and Teddy Bear took our trucks to the 1/4. I hadnt been in 2 years, and last time i went, I ran a 15.02@87mph running 2.0-2.1 60ft's and locking the converter as soon as it shifted to 2nd gear.

I have added my 191 DV's, 3rd gen turbo, and a carter pusher pump since then. Truck feels a decent bit stronger. I also put a billet input in it since i broke the stocker. I also think i hurt the pump in my tranny when i broke it because it wont lockup until it shifts to 3rd under hard throttle now where before i could lock it at anytime.

I have also added my traction bars, and Dana 80 since last time which is a little added weight.

Anyways, the best i could manage was a 14.9@87mph with a 1.9X 60ft. The converter not locking right away could have hurt me a little, but I dont think it would have made a huge difference since my converter is pretty tight anyways. I sure thought the 191's woke it up pretty good. Maybe the added weight hurt more than i thought? Oh well, it doesent really matter, I was just hoping for more.

On the other hand, Josh made me look stupid running 13.3's with a box, built tranny, lift pump, rail shim, and some front end stuff on his truck. LOL Runs darn strong for nothing but an edge box.

Anyways, here is a little video of us running. It was a good night for it if nothing else. Not too cool but not hot either.

YouTube - Running at Clay City

Eric

Nice Video! No need to be hard on your Truck for having very limited fueling. 14.94 is not bad at all for a 160 pump and 215 injectors.

Your truck looks pretty clean as far as smoke. I wonder if more fuel and a little more timing would help you hit low 14's.

Yeah, it burns pretty clean. Its definately burning all the fuel. Im pretty sure with my injectors, and some more timing, low 14's wouldnt be a problem. I thought i might be a little closer how it sits though. I also want to put a rack plug in it probably when i do the head gasket and timing, which should help me out a little.

Really, my transmission is holding me back. I dont think its gonna like anymore power, so i have just left it alone for the most part for a while now. I have studs, and injectors, so whenever i do get my tranny built, ill throw the injectors in, and do the studs, timing, and a rack plug when my head gasket blows, since i already have the expensive part of that job bought.

Its just an ongoing project for me. haha

Eric

Nice Video! No need to be hard on your Truck for having very limited fueling. 14.94 is not bad at all for a 160 pump and 215 injectors.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess i have to realize it isnt too heavily fueled yet. LOL

I have plenty of plans for it down the road. Id like to eventually run low 13's or high 12's on this turbo, but its going to take a little work. Thats half the fun though! :rockwoot:

Eric

Me and Teddy Bear took our trucks to the 1/4. I hadnt been in 2 years, and last time i went, I ran a 15.02@87mph running 2.0-2.1 60ft's and locking the converter as soon as it shifted to 2nd gear.

I have added my 191 DV's, 3rd gen turbo, and a carter pusher pump since then. Truck feels a decent bit stronger. I also put a billet input in it since i broke the stocker. I also think i hurt the pump in my tranny when i broke it because it wont lockup until it shifts to 3rd under hard throttle now where before i could lock it at anytime.

I have also added my traction bars, and Dana 80 since last time which is a little added weight.

Anyways, the best i could manage was a 14.9@87mph with a 1.9X 60ft. The converter not locking right away could have hurt me a little, but I dont think it would have made a huge difference since my converter is pretty tight anyways. I sure thought the 191's woke it up pretty good. Maybe the added weight hurt more than i thought? Oh well, it doesent really matter, I was just hoping for more.

On the other hand, Josh made me look stupid running 13.3's with a box, built tranny, lift pump, rail shim, and some front end stuff on his truck. LOL Runs darn strong for nothing but an edge box.

Anyways, here is a little video of us running. It was a good night for it if nothing else. Not too cool but not hot either.

YouTube - Running at Clay City

Eric

keep making fun of the 6.4's !!!

just my $0.02, I did the same as you guys after 2yrs of sled pulling just desided to go to the track with some ricer friends and ran a 15.2 at 76mph and i shifted the t.case into neutral instead of 2wd at the 1/8th by mistake. 2yrs ago I ran a 14.9 at 94mph leaving in 1st gear(5-sp truck), yesturday i left in 2nd gear and it launched awsome for a 5-sp pulling built truck

just my $0.02, I did the same as you guys after 2yrs of sled pulling just desided to go to the track with some ricer friends and ran a 15.2 at 76mph and i shifted the t.case into neutral instead of 2wd at the 1/8th by mistake. 2yrs ago I ran a 14.9 at 94mph leaving in 1st gear(5-sp truck), yesturday i left in 2nd gear and it launched awsome for a 5-sp pulling built truck

shoulda just left it in 4wd, going straight doesnt hurt it

Back