My truck on the SPEED CHANNEL 9/7

Snake

40 lug nuts
Yup, my truck will be featured on Truck U September 7th. They filmed an install of a Vegistroke V3 from DinoFuelAlternatives and used my truck for the install. :rockwoot:

I have to admit, the more I drive the truck, the more impressed I am with the veggie oil conversion from these guys. And I get to :hehe: every time I pass a gas station.

--Snake

I definitely got a sweet deal. The show is filmed in Tampa, FL and you'd never believe where the studio is based on the neighborhood. I honestly thought I was in the wrong place when I was dropping my truck off. Two shows are actually filmed in the same building: Truck U and 2 Guys Garage. I actually had to drive through the 2 Guys set to reach the Truck U set.

How'd I get hooked up? I had already purchased the V3 from them and called a local 4x4 shop advertising filtered and dewatered veggie oil. We got to talking and I asked the guy what system he'd recommend for the Powerstroke and he emphatically said "The Vegistroke." I kinda chuckled and told him I'd already bought one and it was nice to hear that I got a good system, and then he told me the owners of DFA were going to be in Tampa to film an install for Truck U. Oh, and they needed a truck. The original truck they were going to use didn't work out and mine filled in. I got to watch as much of the filming as I wanted and met Matt and Bruno. Really, really cool guys. And if they include the footage, there might be a big, smokey, veggie oil burnout at the end of the episode.

Pic of my truck so ya'll know.....

--Snake

Attachments

• st aug 3.JPG
    st aug 3.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 101
that's awesome congrats, and one sweet ride and now sweet smelling:rockwoot:, how do you like the kit I really thought about it but it's getting harder and harder to get oil around here because of all of the publicity of bio and such:bang

I absolutely LOVE the kit! In a nutshell, it does everything they say it does. I can't tell when the truck is switching from diesel to veggie oil or vice versa -- its completely seamless. I have over 1,000 miles on this tank of diesel (been burning veggie oil) and have many, many more miles to go.

There's some tricks to getting veggie oil and I'm still cracking the code. However, I think I've found enough to keep me running and even put a little back for emergencies. I'm getting 15-20 gallons/week from a Chinese restaurant, 3-4 gallons/week from the Hess gas station down the road, 5 gallons every other week from a Caribbean restaurant, and I think I just scored 50-60 gallons/week from a chain of Mexican restaurants. You just have to keep eating out at places with fryers and then ask the manager for a little assistance.

--Snake

that sounds awesome, I might have to eat out a little more often and try to find some local places. I think even supplying half my fuel for the month it would pay for itself quickly. Awesome and keep us updated on how it continues to run:Cheer:

Will do. I'm planning on sending crankcase oil to Blackstone every 3k miles to make sure everything is operating as it should. I also talked to James (one of the owners) and after running veggie oil for something like 100k miles, he had his motor pulled and spec'd. Everything came out within tolerances.

I'm still lining up my oil sources, and even if I have to pay $1/gallon for used veggie oil, I'll have everything paid off in 10 months. Ya just have to keep asking around (restaurants, craigslist, fillup4free, etc..). I just found a guy nearby who's going to sell me 55 gallons of used oil for $0.30 per gallon. That's $16.50 for 55 gallons of fuel (600 miles). Can't beat that with a stick!

--Snake

Sure do -- its www.vegistroke.com

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I know I bothered the crap out of a bunch of people before I decided to purchase a system so I'm happy to return the favor.

--Snake

riverview wheres that in the state? im fort fort myers. do yall ever come to the sled pulls by southwest florida truck pulls?

Riverview is near Tampa. I'm east of Orlando... its 3.5 hrs to Ft. Myers to Jesse's shop (Farmboy Fab). I've never been to those pulls.

oh. where do yall pull? you should come down some time we have alot of all diesel pulls through out the year. If you want more info send me a pm.

They don't do any sled pulls up here to speak of. The only ones are the Grudge Match back to back pulls at Jesse Blacks Saloon in Orlando - there you better bring something big to compete and be weighing 20K plus! They have sled pulls about once a year or so down in Lakeland.

Here's a few samples from Jesse Blacks...
DSC00314.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

PqyKJgJ-08f9d3567a9e9260cfc47247e27ec360.jpg

Here's a video of the last truck and the first truck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyzX7ekYIc8

yeah i go to ever truck pull at jesse black salon. ill have our truck up there when i get out of school. Im hoping on not breaking but if i break work will fix it.

Back