My Turbonetics Dealins

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
Well after a long road to getting the right charger on the truck and everything getting taken care of I thought I'd give credit where credit was do. First, the story.

Well in seeing the success Matt (turbomattxxx) was having with his turbocharger and his reports of it's excellent spool up etc. given the ball bearing design of the unit I figured it would potentially work better then some of the bushing style units so I figured I'd do some research and decided to give Jon Ottens a call to discuss the unit. Jon had a lot of good things to say (obviously he's their sales rep) and we discussed potentially even the larger t70. Well either through my misunderstanding or his I thought the t70 was what they call their "stage 3" kit with the t66 being their "stage 2" kit. Well I ended up ordering through Brett at TNT Diesel which got me the stage 2 kit. Jon did give me a part number but after the order was placed I noticed the part numbers did not match up. What I ended up with was a t66, but with a 65 mm turbine wheel instead of the 68 mm turbine wheel I desired. Further, the stage 3 is just the 68 mm turbine wheel instead of the stage 2s 65 mm turbine wheel. In any event I called Brett and Turbonetics. I had no luck in getting turbonetics to send me the right charger after explaining my situation nor did Brett. I finally got back through to Jon and Jon indicated he would call turbonetics and get me taken care of. A week or so went by without me being able to get in touch with him so I thought I would email Matt. Well Matt got involved by getting back in touch with Jon and sooner then later Mr. Brad Lewis called me up. They sent me out an entirely new turbo which is the t66 with the 68mm turbine wheel and took my 65mm turbine wheel'd charger back. I just had to secure it with my credit card. All in all there was some confusion on my part and on turbonetics but now I'm a happy camper.

I just wanted to take the time to thank Matt, Jon Ottens, and Brad Lewis for getting me straight. When I get my ducks in a row I can't wait to see how this charger does on the truck with a transmission behind the motor capable of taking this power. Thanks again guys.

:rockwoot:

Well I am glad you got it taked care of, but in my personal opinion Jon Ottens in just an @$$. If you ever see him at an event don't try to talk to him about anything he is too busy sucking his cigar and talking on his bluetooth. No help at all. He is the reason that I would not be buying a Turbonetics, unless I really found one I liked.

Glad it is taken care of for you.

Rick

I talked to him at Indy he was very helpful. WEven put his stogy down to talk intercoolers and turbos. I would love to have a tnetics charger but then I would have to start all over again.

I ended up dealing with Brad Lewis (president) of turbonetics on all my intercooler issues. He was very helpfull and got things done, others from there I cannot say the same about. Thanks Brad! and the cooler has been holding up great!

Brad is a top notch guy. He took care of me no hasltes. I spoke with a Reggie over there that wasn't worth a spit. Guy just jerked me around. Jon is helpful, just hard to get a hold of!

Dont ya just hate issues like that, glad they got you str8 and hope the charger works out great for you. Let us know...
Ryan

Brad is a top notch guy. He took care of me no hasltes. I spoke with a Reggie over there that wasn't worth a spit. Guy just jerked me around. Jon is helpful, just hard to get a hold of!

Since you have seem to done your homework on these turbonetic chargers what are the specs on the T70?

Compressor/Turbine wheel sizes? Available housings? Wastegated?

Just figured I'd pick your brain...

Glad you got it straightened out,
Alex

I ended up dealing with Brad Lewis (president) of turbonetics on all my intercooler issues. He was very helpfull and got things done, others from there I cannot say the same about. Thanks Brad! and the cooler has been holding up great!

brad is an awesome guy!! TN has since relieved the parties you speak of that weren't pleasant to deal with. customer service has since got a lot better.

First thing that is good to hear you like the turbonetics! I would like to check into one for a set of street twins as the secondary.

Second I have never dealt with TN but sometimes the guy you are talking to may not have the authority to make the call on what will happen with your situation. I know I deal with people at Lowe's all the time that we should resolve a situation with but for ME to do it is nearly impossible and I have to fight tooth and nails with managers to get whatever resolved. My .02

Things I know about the t70 include the fact it has many options but it uses the same turbine wheel as my charger so far as I understand. There are multiple options on the turbine housing I believe. There's a guy on here in one of my previous threads with a ford having a 12v with a t70 on it. Try to find him and get more details.

matt is a great guy and so is brad, im going with a turbo netics for my big charger on my twins :rockwoot:

Back