N.E. Ohio Diesel Dyno Day

Same weekend as Fall Brawl. I'll be there for live tuning.

Wish I had the money for some new injectors by then..don't think it'll happen though..lol

Rocktober fest is this coming weekend! Who all is gonna be able to make it? TI Dyno will be serving Sloppy Joes and chips for lunch!!

:woohoo: Tomorrow is Rocktober Fest...can't wait.

Hope to see you guys out there....

Hope your bringing your big fans.
I'm coming to make a few pulls...
:evil

I have the dyno sheets with me. Kevin at TI Dyno has a busy week ahead of him, and asked me if I could make up a excel form for him. I'll get that done today if I get a chance or tonight at home. Zane from Meadville PA put down 528hp, and won the free dyno run. Grand Rock will send his check out today! :Cheer:

Yep that was my buddies truck...but that dyno was def. not correct...his tq was only 847ft lbs or something like that??? And with all the mods he has he should easily hit 625-650hp and 1100ft lbs. Me and him will be hitting up another dyno this weekend to see whats up. And my number I thought were low too considering the mods(stg2 cp3,120hp injs,Stacked MP-8, W/M, BF) I've done since the last time over there and I only gained 90ft lbs. But thats just what we thought...$.02

Keep in mind, every dyno will get you a different reading.
What you need to do is run on the same dyno before and after mods.

It was the same dyno...twisted innovations. It was just a year apart. And you mean to tell me my buddies red truck that had everything I had done plus an II stg3 cp3, TST stacked with a smarty, and a HTT 64 only made 8?? ft lbs? Seriously you do the math....

It was the same dyno...twisted innovations. It was just a year apart. And you mean to tell me my buddies red truck that had everything I had done plus an II stg3 cp3, TST stacked with a smarty, and a HTT 64 only made 8?? ft lbs? Seriously you do the math....

What did he put down last year? Were you at the last Rocktober Fest,or an event earlier in the year. From my understanding of dyno's, weather will have an effect on the numbers produced. Some good some bad. So if you did not have almost identicle weather conditions, you would see a difference in performance...again, both good or bad. With the last time you were there what did he have on his truck then? I've spoken to several different people about stacking chips in these dodges, and while it does work, and help to an extent, it also cause's issues. A few weeks ago while I was in Maryland at a NHRDA event, one of the guys actually took off his TST stack, because it was not working correctly, and causing his truck to not run properly. TI Dyno has also noticed on the trucks when they have stacked chips, that when they run just 1 of them, the truck will actually produce a better number. I'm not sure why this is, I'm not a dyno expert or event a chip expert. Maybe there is an issue with one of the chips, and it's just not performing as well as it should? Again I'm not an expert, and this is just my 2 cents.

What did he put down last year? Were you at the last Rocktober Fest,or an event earlier in the year. From my understanding of dyno's, weather will have an effect on the numbers produced. Some good some bad. So if you did not have almost identicle weather conditions, you would see a difference in performance...again, both good or bad. With the last time you were there what did he have on his truck then? I've spoken to several different people about stacking chips in these dodges, and while it does work, and help to an extent, it also cause's issues. A few weeks ago while I was in Maryland at a NHRDA event, one of the guys actually took off his TST stack, because it was not working correctly, and causing his truck to not run properly. TI Dyno has also noticed on the trucks when they have stacked chips, that when they run just 1 of them, the truck will actually produce a better number. I'm not sure why this is, I'm not a dyno expert or event a chip expert. Maybe there is an issue with one of the chips, and it's just not performing as well as it should? Again I'm not an expert, and this is just my 2 cents.

He didnt dyno last year...the problem was the dyno wasnt loading the trucks...he was down 15lbs of boost. And I'm sorry but I wouldn't take any advice on diesels from the guys at TI dyno...but thats just me. Oh and I just went over to DuBois at Predator Performance last night and put down 572hp & 1126tq with practically the same weather conditions just a superflo dyno that acctually would load the truck. We're taking Zanes over next week with the same setup he had over at TI...

Results!

Here are the numbers from Rocktober Fest. Not a very strong turn out, but it was still fun.

Tim Luby / 1996 Ford F-350 7.3L 334 / 628
Jim Rose / 1996 Ford F-350 7.3L 342.9 / 643.1
Joe Shaffer / 2003 Dodge 2500 5.9L 419.6 / 782.2
Jesse Shaffer / 1994 Chevy C3500 3.9L Cummins NA / NA
Chris Kister / 2000 Ford F-250 7.3L 262.4 / 720
Barry Price / 2003 Ford F-250 6.0L 380 / 722.1
Dustin Harrison / 2006 Dodge 5.9L 502 / 925
Zane Oshurak / 2006 Dodge 2500 5.9L 529 / 897
Tad Brogan / 2002 Chevy 2500HD 6.6L 484 / 689.6

Dodges took home the big numbers that day...Zane Oshurak received a free dyno run curtiousy of Grand Rock / Powerflow Truck Exhaust Systems.

Back