NADM and other ORGS. TIRE RULES FOR 2.6 OR 3.0

PTPULLINCHASSIS

DEALS ON REAL WHEELS
The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited.

My ? is would a DOT street tire w/extra siping be permitted. I can order mastercraft ct tires w/ extra siping for snow traction and thought they might work good for pulling but didn't want to spend the extra coin if they wouldn't pass tech.

thanks Jason

In on 1.

I've asked the same question before and got a negative answer....

Last edited:
NADM has a past precedent of not allowing siped tires. A person was DQ'd for them.

Ok thanks guys. Hopefully Geno can chime in and explain what they consider cut tires.

I think 3.0 should go to cut tires anyways. Those trucks are the real deal and the bar tires seals the deal on looks. Drive lines are set up to handle them as well. I think it would be a good move in the 2013 season. Gives everyone some time to think on it and save some money this year.

Someone start a pole. Should the 3.0 open driveline class be allowed to run cut tires?

Last edited:
You mean poll? I proposed it last year, went over about as well as the restrictor tube.

LOL yep. Sorry, been a long week and its Monday. Forgive my ignorance

Lucas Oil wants to. However it was recommended to give it a years worth of talking about first so everyone would think on it. The sudden change change would hurt the truck attendance I believe. Start that "pole"

Last edited:
just buy the General Grabber AT2s, they have the most siping I've seen

EDIT: I guess this really wouldnt be much different then buying the extra sipped Coursers.

Last edited:
just buy the General Grabber AT2s, they have the most siping I've seen...

I'll wager you don't see those on any seriously competitive 3.0 truck.

Looks like a halfhearted knockoff of the tried and true BFG AT.

i think that what scott blair went to and they hooked better than the sts

looks

I think 3.0 should go to cut tires anyways. Those trucks are the real deal and the bar tires seals the deal on looks. Drive lines are set up to handle them as well. I think it would be a good move in the 2013 season. Gives everyone some time to think on it and save some money this year.

Someone start a pole. Should the 3.0 open driveline class be allowed to run cut tires?

I'm a 2.6 guy but im with you on the looks, it would definitly give that extra little kick in the looks department to set the trucks apart to the crowd.

Thats what I'll be running on my new puller along with bar tires. General Tire is a big supporter to our sport and many other motor sports. Why not support them? Remember they do that in hopes of generating some sales. I would assume you would like to keep them involved in paying your prize money and providing you events to go to right....?

Last edited:
Anthony, sorry, I'd run what works first. I'm a whole lot less of a Ho than you are :D Pulling tires are probably 0.0001% of the total tire market. What they need is to sell to daily drivers and tow rigs as such....

Up N Smoke, I'm guessing there was some size change involved too, and new versus old.

New STSes are a pretty formidable tire, set up right of course.

Last edited:
there was and i agree on the new versus old and i know he is buying 6 brand new generals for next year again he likes them alot

EDIT: I guess this really wouldnt be much different then buying the extra sipped Coursers.

I was thinking about running them this year...I've heard good things about them.

there was and i agree on the new versus old and i know he is buying 6 brand new generals for next year again he likes them alot

Well, time will tell. If they work great, can't argue with on-track performance.

Might not have much choice with Interco, doesn't seem like they're interested in getting on with 35" production.

I've already got plenty of the General Grabber AT2s stacked up here @ the shop ready to go on customers trucks. They were the most popular tires I sold for pullers this past season and apparently everyone liked them since several have already ordered new sets for next year. I also sell some bfg all terrains but in my opinion the grabber at2 should do a little better since they have more siping.

I would still like to know if we can run tires that have been siped so we can experiment with them in these high hp dot tire classes.

Back