Napa pricing is insane

alvispace

Fat Bastard
How the hell does Napa sustain fuel filter pricing of 89$/set???

They even have the gall to charge full price each if you buy a master pack of 6 sets....

WTF...

Anyway, which is the better way to go.... the Wix filter without the sheer wrap cover (which is more expensive) or the Racor OEM style?

Simple...They/I don't sell many 6.0 filters :hehe:

In my opinion, your best option is to go to your local IH dealer and get your fuel filters from them.. :)

sent the wife to pick up some fuel filters for the tractor,(the square looking ones, glass or metal). i come home tonight and look at the bill (list was 55.00 and discount was 30.xx) i can order them from shoupparts.com for 9.68. &*^% NAPA.

Appreciate your price being less, but I still think 77 is too high. I can pic up the Racor ones for less than 25$ all over the place. The Wix filters are anywhere from 30 to 50$. Please note, I am not a cheap person, but these prices sure seem awful high to me in comparison.

Who makes the napa filter? I'm guessing Wix?

just get them from international, they are like 33$ or something.

my window switch went from 55 dollars to 65 dollars plus 8 bucks for shipping direct from their factory i said i can get a one from the dodge store for 70 bucks yall are freakin nuts i really hate napa and i used to do all my bussiness there

I believe CARQUEST pricing is near the same, I'll have to check when I get to work tomorrow. They aren't cheap that's for sure. The powercore filters are also pretty spendy.

I would highly recommend sticking with motorcraft fuel filters...nothing holds Up as well as they do.

I knew I should have edited..IH or motorcraft. All other s I would stay away from.

When I first bought my truck in 2005 I bought Motorcraft Fuel Filters from Napa at $29.99 a set. Now they are roughly $75 or so here at my local one.

I don't hate them thought. Business is Business.

I would rather shop NAPA than Schucks at least NAPA has knowledgeable counter people. I went to buy a trans filter for a turbo 350 at Schucks and the guy didn't have a clue what I was talking about, I had to explain to him it was a transmission:bang.
And I stick with factory filters only.

Update for you all...

I get my syn Valvoline prem extreme blue oil from Napa for $25/gallon so that is why I tacked on the ordering of fuel filters & oil filters. When he told me the price for the fuel filters, I got to researching online, the last set I bought was online for like 22$ delivered...

So today, when they called me to tell me the oil was in, I told them I didn't want the fuel filters any longer and that I wanted to keep all my purchases from a one stop shop. Told them I still would pick up the oil and oil filters because they had to order the 8 gallons. And explained that I could find the fuel filters anywhere from 35 - 45 at a number of places. They then told me that they understood the price was outrageous and were willing to haggle to keep my business. They quoted me $54 for the Wix filters and for ease of keeping one place to shop, I agreed.

Then when I got there they reduced further to 47$ for the fuel filters and reduced the oil filters from 30$ down to 17$.

I officially withdraw my complaint about Napa pricing. I don't like that I basically had to tell them they wouldn't be getting my future business to get it, but I understand business is business.

Good luck to you all attempting same.

Al

Something tells me that you either (a) have an account with them and they set you up as a master installer or (b) your invoice has a local shop's name on it.

yes, i do not have my own account and someone else's account could be showing more purchases.

I will never buy from napa agine, without checking prices. I was at a napa the other week, bought a few things,I thought my bill was a little high didnt check till a few days later.150$$$ for a roll of emery cloth:bang must be gold plated:hehe:

Back