Need a house boat hauled in TN

hydroshok

Covered in grease
A friend near Nashville needs his house boat hauled from Pegram to near Knoxville. He hasn't had any bites on Uship. It is 12' wide by 35' long and weighs 15k. If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks!

A friend near Nashville needs his house boat hauled from Pegram to near Knoxville. He hasn't had any bites on Uship. It is 12' wide by 35' long and weighs 15k. If anyone can help please let me know. Thanks!

What kind of permits and license does that require? Just curious.

License would be a CDL class A. I don't know about the wide load permits. He had some guy on Uship try to get him to give half the money up front, claimed he didn't need a DOT number and nothing was required for a 12' width. I told him to stay away from that guy, but that is a far as I have gone. I have a friend who is going to put it on Central Dispatch tomorrow.

If it were closer I would do it! Sorry I'm of no help, I used to love hauling stuff like that!!

You and me both. He is internet challenged so hopefully someone experienced with chime in about permits and everything.

I don't know about down there, I only had to have a class A and wide load sings and I never got f'd with. I was well over weight some times but luckily never got stopped.

Not bad at all. Wish I had time id come do it, good luck somebody will help I'm sure.

I skimmed it, but it looks like that is all that is needed in TN. DOT can be a pain depending on who stops you. I loved the southern states because they seemed like decent people. A DOT guy in SC gave me a sticker to put on my trailer so no one else would screw with me.

Thanks, I hope so. Then he'll stop calling me LOL

Back