Need A Sled!!

mikehalseyjr

Ride the Elephant
Hey guys, need some info here.

This year @ the Queen Annes County Fair we are putting on a Diesel Sled Pull. And we are having a little trouble finding a sled.

Anyone know of any??

Thanks!!

Mike Halsey

there are a few in MD, or very close by. the one is from hagerstown I know, they use it at the mason-dixon drag strip when they have pulls.

PM Racindullie he has the whole list. I cant find the thread but it was just on here a couple weeks ago.

Who does Tuckahoe Steam & Gas use??

If this all goes together then I'll be there... a friend of mine wants a peice of Schrader...

Last edited:
oldschoolPSD said:

If this all goes together then I'll be there... a friend of mine wants a peice of Schrader...

I dont know who Tuckahoe uses, my buddy emailed them and never got a reply.

As far as your friend wanting a piece of Schrader, you better tell him to pack his lunch!!!

mikehalseyjr said:
I dont know who Tuckahoe uses, my buddy emailed them and never got a reply.

As far as your friend wanting a piece of Schrader, you better tell him to pack his lunch!!!

Thats cuz they use a horse drawn Modem... takes a few days to check the e-mail:hehe: I'll ask jamie or shelly when I see them next time.

I know bretts got some serious work in that black truck, I'm really interested to see how it pulls. I know my buddy John has burned every overvalved truck on the west side, but he hasn't pulled it since he moved across the big ditch.

have u called Lowery Bros , they will go anywhere , best sleds in the country ...219-984-5333...ask for roger or ray

oldschoolPSD said:
Thats cuz they use a horse drawn Modem... takes a few days to check the e-mail:hehe: I'll ask jamie or shelly when I see them next time.

I know bretts got some serious work in that black truck, I'm really interested to see how it pulls. I know my buddy John has burned every overvalved truck on the west side, but he hasn't pulled it since he moved across the big ditch.

oldschoolPSD, Thanks for the help with the folks at Tuckahoe Steam and Gas. Like Mike said, I e-mailed them, but hadn't heard anything back.

What's your buddy got? I hope it's strong... not in the trash talking sense, I mean it seriously. Schrader hasn't had much competiton since he started pulling. He's laid the smack down twice on some guy with a truck set up for pulling (huge traction bars, hanging weights, custum built hitch, twins and the bottle!) No one else has really come close. Brett has a good running truck, but i would love to see some of the trucks really set up for pulling make a few pulls around here. Most of the guys in our area still think a chip is bad ass. Lol.

Chris

OldschoolPSD,

Here are the only two pulls brett's been to so far.

The first video is at cecil county, modified diesel class. I think there were 34 trucks or so in that class. He got first place, and there wasn't a very close second. You can tell he surprised the flag man a little bit. Watch him run to try to stay ahead of him. Also, he nearly took it out the gate and no one else came close. This is his very first hook.
http://video.thedieselgarage.com/search/dzlfarmboy/0/bc80c658-b572-472a-95e8-984e01263bc7.htm

Second video is Kent county pull. Not as many trucks, maybe 20 or so in the modified diesel class. Again, first place.
http://video.thedieselgarage.com/search/schrader/0/f6e9d578-c17b-47bf-88d4-984d01850a12.htm

His truck runs good for an honest to goodness daily driver. It's his only vehicle.

I'm reminded of this every time he breaks something. I have to drive him to work. :kick:

Chris

I got the scoop on bretts truck... all I can say is it would be a hell of a show.

My buddies running an extended cab 12v truck. As fas as whats done to it, I'm not real sure but I do know it's running 1 very big single and hes had the bottom end apart (but I don't know what was done). As far as the injectors, pump, and valvetrain he's very hush hush about it. I saw it run down at Millers Tavern last weekend, it turns some serious RPMs.

Its tagged but not really a daily driver. It used to be until the kids, last fall he picked up a Mega Cab and tore the 12v down

Last edited:
oldschoolPSD said:
it turns some serious RPMs.

That makes a huge difference. My buddy Schrader better bring his A game. Did you know there is a pull at the QAC fairgrounds on April 7th? It's being put on by the Sudlersville volunteer fire dept. Registration starts at 1:00.

Tell your buddy to show up.

Chris

Last edited:
Damn... that gives me two weeks to order my valvetrain parts and install them. I don't think I can make that one.

Tuckahoe will be pulling pickups this year too, I will definately be at that one.

I'll tell john about it though. If you see a Mega Cab trailering a two tone silver and green billy goat truck with peeling paint watch him pull... that thing is wild.

1BADASSRAM said:
have u called Lowery Bros , they will go anywhere , best sleds in the country ...219-984-5333...ask for roger or ray

No, I have not contacted them. I google'd them and they are in Indiana. I do not think that we have the budget for that.

But thanks, I am kinda looking for a local sled if possible!

mikehalseyjr said:
Even if you are not going to pull on April 7th, you should still come out!!

Can I pull the Ranger? :hehe:

My buddy Cory has a '82 2.8 Izuzu-powered S-10... Find a rabbit pickup and we can have a compact grudge matchLOL

oldschoolPSD said:
Can I pull the Ranger? :hehe:

My buddy Cory has a '82 2.8 Izuzu-powered S-10... Find a rabbit pickup and we can have a compact grudge matchLOL

Ummmm, I do not think that meets our class requirements. .

i hope my little 5spd truck can keep up with the 12v's and the built automatics :(

I hope i can convince the judges that my PSD is stock.... I don't wanna pull against all these built up billy goats....

If the Aug 11 pull goes down, i'm pretty sure it won't work. :rules: :banned:

Mike and I will be on the lookout for such attempts... LOL

I have no ideas what the rules at all the other pulls will be. Either way, come have a good time.

Chris

oldschoolPSD said:

Alls i can say is BRING IT!!

Back