need advice on how to make huge hp

dcyd91

Hey guys I was recently drug into a very heated debate with one of my friends about witch would be better to run in a race diesel or gas and I know have a wager with my friend who says he has a gasoline that will out run any diesel truck I can put together especially through 200 feet I know his 608 CI big block makes right around 1000hp in an s ten with a powerglide and I need to know what I can do to take him and fast I have a 98 12v dually with auto transfer and 354 gears and help would be greatly appreciated

What kind of race is this?

Aside from having some pretty deep pockets, your truck is going to have to lose some serious weight to even have a remote chance of keeping up with that S10.

Hate to say it man but if your details of his gas truck are true it is going to take tons of cash and a little while to beat him. Nothing you can do over a weekend, just as I am sure that he did not build his in a weekend.

So just how deep are your pockets?

Are you 4WD and him 2WD? If so you might have a chance, plus you are a DRW. He's thinking his light weight will get the jump on you but he could go up in tire smoke.

Might want to shop on this page for help though....P Pumps

A 1000 hp s10 with a half decent setup should run 8's easily. Can't think of to many duallies doing that! But if your pockets are DEEP, I would love to see it! Call some big name shops and have at it!

Hey guys I was recently drug into a very heated debate with one of my friends about witch would be better to run in a race diesel or gas and I know have a wager with my friend who says he has a gasoline that will out run any diesel truck I can put together especially through 200 feet I know his 608 CI big block makes right around 1000hp in an s ten with a powerglide and I need to know what I can do to take him and fast I have a 98 12v dually with auto transfer and 354 gears and help would be greatly appreciated

Have you won the lottery lately? Ya might need this to do it on fuel alone. LOL

Sigma Pump

Lance

The race we will be running is through a two hundred foot mud pit he is in to competitive mud racing we will both be running 44 inch tires both in 4 wheel drive and I can put cash into it almost every week already have the permission from the wife I just need a good start I already have my tyranny in the shop and my spare head at a friend of mines machine shop fixing to p and p my head after we mill the intake off I plan on building my own intake and exhausted to run triples maybe

Ain't gonna happen, mud pit + dually= sunken battleship, he's got a light S10 with 1k hp, I don't think you stand a chance.

His truck sitting ready to still weighs in at almost 5 thousand pounds though what I could put it in something ligher

sorry man you would need like 1800HP to compete, not win just compete! the weight of your dually is going to kill you

Back