Need advice on Mega Cab...

95psdF250

Nothing Special
I am wanting to get a Mega Cab really bad and I am currently looking pretty steady for one. I am looking for the 06 or early 07 5.9L.

I have not had to much personal experiance with issues on these trucks as I mainly see the older stuff in my shop.

So, I am wanting to know from those of you that have experiance what to look for as far as week spots on these trucks??

Are the automatic trannys in these truck holding up well??

I have found an untouched 06 3500 Laramie with 93,000 miles and automatic that I really like. Plans for the truck will be Intake, 8" dual stacks, Bully Dog PMT and some big tires and wheels. That will most likely be all I will do to the truck other than some accessories and tint.

Any advice or help will is greatly appriciated.

tranny most likely if you run it hard will need to be upgraded!

tranny most likely if you run it hard will need to be upgraded!

I am wanting one mainly for the looks so I can put a bunch of goodies on it and use it for advertising and of course the fuel milage.

Truck will most likely not ever pull much of anything as I have a Power Stroke for that. Bout the only thing it may pull is the sled twice a year at the 2 local fairs. Other than a little romping around in town and on the highway it will be mainly a daily driver and will most likely set in front of the shop all day and inside the shop at night.

What do you suggest for tranny upgrades??

your trans will be fine as long as your not going to get wild with the pmt and put it on extreme right after you t/c locks up. but for normal driving with the pmt on like med or low ( i dont know the settings on it ) you will be fine with the the 48 IMO is much better then the 47 and ive seen

I am wanting one mainly for the looks so I can put a bunch of goodies on it and use it for advertising and of course the fuel milage.

Truck will most likely not ever pull much of anything as I have a Power Stroke for that. Bout the only thing it may pull is the sled twice a year at the 2 local fairs. Other than a little romping around in town and on the highway it will be mainly a daily driver and will most likely set in front of the shop all day and inside the shop at night.

What do you suggest for tranny upgrades??

Big tires can be bad for a tranny. Contact Goerend for your tranny issues.

I am wanting to get a Mega Cab really bad and I am currently looking pretty steady for one. I am looking for the 06 or early 07 5.9L.

I have not had to much personal experiance with issues on these trucks as I mainly see the older stuff in my shop.

So, I am wanting to know from those of you that have experiance what to look for as far as week spots on these trucks??

I have 2 07's. A mega and a QC. I really can't say they have any issues at all. I do agree the trans is the weakest link along with too plush a suspension. To be safe with the trans, I'd suggest a flexplate,TQ, VB upgraded and input shaft.

Are the automatic trannys in these truck holding up well??

they do as long as you don't add any power to the truck

I have found an untouched 06 3500 Laramie with 93,000 miles and automatic that I really like. Plans for the truck will be Intake, 8" dual stacks, Bully Dog PMT and some big tires and wheels. That will most likely be all I will do to the truck other than some accessories and tint.

It's your preference but, 8" stacks will be huge and not look right, not to mention the noise you'll get from them. You're gonna need to lift it to fit big tires under it. Running the PMT may have you begging for more fuel so, a upgraded lift pump ( Airdog ) and maybe some 90hp injectors.

If it's your display truck.... you should go all out on it. When you have customers ooooing and aaahhing over it, you can say..... pffft ! let me take you for a ride. Once they're floored at how fast it is... you'll be selling them all the parts you used to get it there :)

I'd have to say if you plan on lift and big and extra power the trans aint going to like it. If you plan on doing pulls even the 2 your trans is going to hate it. As for fuel mileage I wouldn't count on it. My Mega was by far the worst for fuel mileage.

Back