Need advise on some mods I'm considering

sam hain

Thinking of either upgrading my turbo, or doing a billet input shaft and smarty S06. My trans has been built but I'm on stock shafts and flex plate, I have a smarty jr now but the 100hp tune is already getting kinda old and I'm looking for more hp. On one hand I hate to waste the $$ on the smarty because "if" EFI comes out for the 03/05 trucks you won't be able to give a smarty tuner away.

Last edited:
Pay now or pay later with the transmission. It'll likely cost you another convertor later when you snap the input or tear the center out of the flexplate. Get a laminated flexplate and billet input before you throw more cowbell at it. $.02

I have nothing to contribute but I enjoy the reference to throwing cowbell at it.

How many cowbells per 100hp??

I saw the silencer MIA and stopped reading his Sig. You'll be miles ahead if you do the transmission right the first time. Go with a triple disc and sell the single disc, goerend and garmon are two well know names on here without a doubt.

I'd do the trans first, what good is the power if you can't put it to the ground? Then with the EFI dilemma, I'd think about upgrading other stuff first i.e. head studs, injectors, turbo, lift pump, injection pump (depending on how far you want to take it) while you wait and see if EFI comes out for your rig. If it does, go for it, if it doesn't, get the Smarty S06 with TNT/Revo tunes or the SSR.

Back