Need Billet shafts, flex plate!!!

Sliqwille

The bank has it...
Anybody have a billet input or output shaft, billet flexplate, or Mag hy-tec trans pan for a 48re???

I have a flexplate, but I really don't want to sell it. IF the price is right, I will, but it will need to be enough for me to buy a new one.

Talk to Opie @ Intelligent Engineering ----> Info@OpieParts.com

He has a good reputation for his transmissions and hard parts. Hes also a site sponsor.

:Cheer:

Last edited:
Yeah Opies shafts seam hold up pretty good, and there's also TCS and Sonax shafts we carry with a good reputation.

Brett

What are the sonax shafts exactly? Also, I heard someone say that a reinforced or laminated flex plate is better than a billet? I always thought billet was the way to go.

I would talk to Goerend. The sonax shafts I think are pretty good and so are the TCS. I know of some that have used other shafts and they have broken and they were at mediocre power levels.

i run a laminated flex plate from suncoast.they are a good bit cheaper i beleive.no problems with mine..

i run a laminated flex plate on mine with no problem have also seen where someone cut the tooth ring off the outside of a stock flex plate and layed it inside another stock flex plate. pretty much the same as a laminated flex plate. most guys brake a flex plate around 500-650hp so two should hold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000-1200hp

my friend has a set of bd billet shafts used he kept them out of his core from goernd he diddent get the tranny hisself and bd wouldent warrenty it nothing wrong with the shafts the trans just had the forward drive clutches went out pm me for his phone number if interesetd

I can sell you the billet stuff cheap, call the shop at 559-867-1111. The billet flex is stronger than the laminated. BD has the best built billet flex, ATS has had some good ones but their flex plates have changed from time to time and their machining has been way off. The BD ones have been perfect, but the BD ones need to be checked to make sure the TC bolts all go in, their last batch has been just a little off. ATS had problem with crank allignment and tollerence too wide or too close. Always use Sonnax inputs, their Are several intermediates availible, only one has dot been broken, I testing it now, need to get to the drag strip and make some boosted launches.

i run a laminated flex plate on mine with no problem have also seen where someone cut the tooth ring off the outside of a stock flex plate and layed it inside another stock flex plate. pretty much the same as a laminated flex plate. most guys brake a flex plate around 500-650hp so two should hold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000-1200hp

Wouldn't a flex plate be subject to balance issues? I would think that would cause vibration?

well, ATS ones had less flex and there was issues, they weakened the cnter hub a little ti correct this, but the torrences were a little off at first, not sure how they are now. The BD has large holes to help add a little flex. I think that the ATS may be a little stronger, but the I haven't seen a BD blow and the machining is better, and thats more important to me. The Laminated scares me because the extra welding has to weaken the original flex plate. I think they were good before we had billet or somebody runnning on a Very tight budget, everybody has to figure out the best what's the best bang for their buck. When that flex plate goes, it hard on Input and front pump, and also the motors sounds like it just blew up and the tow bill, So if you drag race, sled pull, or if you have larger than stock turbo its a good idea to go Billet. The biggest problem I've seen has been boosted launches and Larger turbo. I think the the larger turbo spools slow and at 15 psi the power comes on so fast and hard all of a sudden, that it rips the center right out.

Back