Need HD Tranny Kit for 3 SP 727 auto behind C

RudolphD1

I am looking for a HD Tranny Kit for my 3 Speed 727 Automatic with NO overdrive. Truck is powered by 12V Cummins so it needs to be heavy duty. Anyone done one before and got experience/advise? Advise on best place to buy the kit. Thanks.

Last edited:
Suncoast has them. TFOD-4 something or other.

now i dont know crap about suncoast but TFOD-4 would mean tq flight over drive four speed HUH?

he has a 3 spd call dave georend i have a suncoast trans and will go to dave next time

he has a 3 spd call dave georend i have a suncoast trans and will go to dave next time

I guess that Dave is doing non-lock-ups nowadays.

Back 2 years ago when I was looking to buy mine he wouldn't have anything to do with me. :( :( :(

The only thing that Dave does is the torque converter.

And superiorram, do a little research. I said "or something like that." If you did any research (I am assuming that he did) it is actually the TFOD-DIESEL. Also is the TFOD-JR and the TFSC. All 3 can be used for a 727 from my research. Now the smartest thing to do, is call the company.

Alto Clutches, Transgo Shift kit, and Goerend converter has held 448 at the wheels so far :rockwoot:

If I had to do it over again, I'd spend the $400 on a steel planetary. They're the next weak link so it seems.

Back