Need Help 12v towing

not so much so

the crossdrilled manifold would gate all six cylinders to reduce the driveline pressure and reduce your chances of blowing a headgasket more than anything else..

and a 10 plate is great for towing, you dont have to watch the pyro as much... and if you have problems with heavy towing, i never did with a 100, just back off the plate.

it all comes down to your own control of your fuel with the 10 plate.. its pretty forgiving due to the defueling in the center

Thanks for this info im 19 getting into the hauling business i know some on diesels but i like to see what everyones advice on here is

would a 62 turbo be good enough for it? i was thinking going with indust. Injection turbo

Depends on the setup, power goals, etc....I've had a couple different 62's on my truck, never cared for a 62mm on a 12v for towing...can take too many RPM for good EGT control.

Chris

i was thinking of running the ats manifold with the 90hp ddps an then put in 4ks with a #10 plate,upgrade the turbo to either a bigger single or do a compound setup and put in a south bend clutch

Last edited:
i already had it done to my 98 12v i had 90 ddps with the fuel turned up then put in the plate an clutch wouldnt hold it so i had cedar city diesel put in a south bend

i tow heavy all the time in the long run more is less i found out truck can be tuned great but all that power strains everything else transmission clutch ect i found out hardway..doesnt matter what u got dual disk tripple disk its gonna wear out fast with all that wieght n torque....do a big clutch with min hp and u will save so much just tryin to help out...unless u got lots of backing then i say pour it to it

i tow heavy all the time in the long run more is less i found out truck can be tuned great but all that power strains everything else transmission clutch ect i found out hardway..doesnt matter what u got dual disk tripple disk its gonna wear out fast with all that wieght n torque....do a big clutch with min hp and u will save so much just tryin to help out...unless u got lots of backing then i say pour it to it

every advice is helpful..i had a 98 12v 3500 i had it pushing 450 which was plenty for me an i had a big single south bend in it an it was wearing out quick

Back