Need help: 4WD to 2WD 47Rh

arvi5528

I had a 47th 4x4 and traded tail-housing and output shaft to go to a 2wd.. from what i have read and talked to people, that should be all i need to swap in order to make it a 2wd
But when I am putting the new 2wd housing and output shaft onto the trans housing and intermediate shaft it goes on and i can feel that the splines engaging but it will not slide on the last inch and a half to meet up to the trans housing.. any ideas? is it just a super tight fit? do i have to do any tricks to get it on? or is there an issue?
any help would be great.. thank you
Eric

I had a 47th 4x4 and traded tail-housing and output shaft to go to a 2wd.. from what i have read and talked to people, that should be all i need to swap in order to make it a 2wd
But when I am putting the new 2wd housing and output shaft onto the trans housing and intermediate shaft it goes on and i can feel that the splines engaging but it will not slide on the last inch and a half to meet up to the trans housing.. any ideas? is it just a super tight fit? do i have to do any tricks to get it on? or is there an issue?
any help would be great.. thank you
Eric

Read through this guy's blog for ideas, but it sounds like the splines inside the overdrive assembly have slightly turned. It's almost impossible to align them without compressing the O/D spring and releasing tension off of the assembly.

http://joelsgarage.blogspot.com/2008/03/part-7-rebuilding-od-section-measuring.html

Back