Need Help Adjusting Hids

BuckshotRam

I have 6000k watt HID High/ HID Low kit from xenongate along with 1pc clear lights. Im having a problem getting them to switch from high to low without turning off the headlights completly. The indicator on the dash comes on but no change in the beam.....wtf? Also the low beam seems brighter than the high beam. The high beam is way up in the tree's. What have I done wrong any idea's...

Also Ive got 1/2" or so of washers and a longer bolt in the top of the housing just to get the low beams on the road... ive heard of people grinding the bottom of the housings any of uguys done this...?

The low beams gennerally are brighter since the high beams on alot of kits is halogen. I have a similiar issue with mine sometime but stopped worrying about it since the light on the low beams is very excellent.

since where on to adjusting headlights whats the proper way to adjust headlights on a dodge. the distance from say a wall and the height off the ground, do you do this on high beams or low beams.

In the shop we measure from the ground to the ctr of the headlight, then go 20' to the wall where the beam hits the wall and adjust it down 1" from the measurement taken

what the measure ment on the wall. are you talking about lets say the center of the headllight is 50in then go 20ft from the wall and center the headlight on the same 50in, what about the left and right of the headlight

Center of the lamp is 50", measure 20' from the front of the truck to the wall and the main beam should be 49". right side light is straight and left side is toward center 1"

Center of the lamp is 50", measure 20' from the front of the truck to the wall and the main beam should be 49". right side light is straight and left side is toward center 1"

Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou

here's the kit I got... (got them like 3days after I order'd them can't complain about that, 1yr warrenty, member with better buss etc, only way to contract them is through email tried two times no response checked trash and spam boxes NO TELEPHONE NUMBER NO WAY OTHER THAN EMAIL TO CONTACT THEM I might get board one night and report them NO CUSTOMER SERVICE a sheet of paper with 2 diff light diagrams.

The lights are no comparison to factory but they could be alot better havn't got adjusted yet........plenty of light just not were I need it....

I got BI XENON 6000k kit....$145
http://www.xenongate.com/9004+Bi-Xenon+HID+Kit/9004+Bi-Xenon-6000K.htm

Along with these 1pc clear headlights, also got a smoked led 3rd brake, no instructions either just found a knob/screw that adjust the crome reflector inside the housing. Took 4-5weeks to get to me called and left a message they were at my house 2days later.
http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting-Crystal-Headlights/Dodge/Ram/94-01-Dodge-Ram-Headlights-Chrome-Crystal-1-Piece-Style-p7191556.html

Mo Smoke Center of the lamp is 50", measure 20' from the front of the truck to the wall and the main beam should be 49". right side light is straight and left side is toward center 1"

THANKYOU THANKYOU I have 305's and a 2in Leveling Kit guess I should am them down like factory headlights the way they are now 1out of 25 people flashes me thinking I have my High Beam on....:badidea:
haloman The low beams gennerally are brighter since the high beams on alot of kits is halogen. I have a similiar issue with mine sometime but stopped worrying about it since the light on the low beams is very excellent.
01-03-2010 01:21 AM

Yeah that makes perfect since and honestly I think lowbeams would be fine but I paid $45 more dollars for the BI Xenon kit supposed to be High beam kit..can't get ahold of the sorry azz company to ask whats goin on

I finally pulled 1headlight backout to see If I maybe had the bulbs filipped over in the housing....they only fit in one way so thats 1question I had ruled out. My "Low Beams" seem brighter and the "high beams" aren't as bright and kinda angle toward the tree's a little....

Issue #1 Can't get them adjusted (got 3/8-1/2" of wahers in the top bolts)
Issue #2 Low to High or vice vesa doesn't work without turning the lights all the way off..Ive tripple/quadruple checked all the conections...either in the ballast or blue connector to my factory wires??? Surly they can't be made like that:bang:bang:bang

I got some pic of what im dealing with...If I can get these adjusted and all the kinks figured out they would be an awsome headlight upgrade for these trucks for $300.
I found a dial/screw on the back of the housing that moves the whole reflector in and out in the housing....which way does what??? any idea's??
housing closer to the bulb= ?????
housing further away from bulb =?????

Attachments

• IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 6