need help please ! with a P0336 code

triton

Scarlet Fever
it's a "crankshaft position sensor performance"

as some of you know it's a new build. Went to start finally and it won't. Only code is the P0336. I imagine that code would prevent the start if the ecm isn't seeing what it wants. I know I have fuel.

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be the problem? I installed a new Cummins CPS, checked voltage and signal voltage which is good. Grounds are all in place and good.

The old block windowed by the ECM but, it didn't seem to damage it. Went over the harness when it was off but, didn't see any damage.

Really would like to get this thing going after the money and time that's gone into it.

You for sure dont have the cam and crank wires backwards?

positive. The crank plug is right next to the fan plug on the harness. The harness would have to be torn open from it's factory taping for the crank plug to reach the cam plug.

To be sure, I looked up the wiring diagram to verify colors. They're connected correctly.

that sucks, i had the 0341 CPS code for over a year. i swapped sensors, traced wires, etc etc... finally used EFI to kill the intermittent signal and never looked back.

do you have the ability to reflash the PCM with the last flash (202)?

Is your Crank shaft tone ring in good shape on the damper? Sounds like you might be 180 deg out of time.

update: I narrowed the problem down to the wire harness. Bad signal wire from the plug to the ecm. By landing a ground on the ecm itself, the truck started so I must have lost the ground in the harness also.
It runs without the crank sensor even connected. That harness went through 2 destroyed motors so I'm surprised it held up this long. New harness should take care of the electrical gremlin.

Thanks! damn grounds ! it's lost in the harness some where though. All the harness grounds I was supposed to land, I did. Putting a new harness on to deal with it.

With all the windowed blocks we see or hear about, I'm surprised we don't hear more harness failures

Back