need help truck acting up?

05BHD

just started yesterday return back to stock setting when backing up it kinda jurks and hops and when going about 20-30 it revs up high by itself. also had alittle white smoke this morning.

Lets seperate out the problems. You put the truck in reverse and when you attempt to move in reverse it feels like something is binding?

While cruising at 20 to 30 mph? While accelerating at part throttle? or While at wide open throttle at 20-30 mph it flares?

It had a little white smoke like a single puff from the exhaust? Or it there was a little white smoke while sitting at red lights for the first 20 minutes? Or a little white smoke on acceleration?

Lets get a little more descriptive.

Lets seperate out the problems. You put the truck in reverse and when you attempt to move in reverse it feels like something is binding?

While cruising at 20 to 30 mph? While accelerating at part throttle? or While at wide open throttle at 20-30 mph it flares?

It had a little white smoke like a single puff from the exhaust? Or it there was a little white smoke while sitting at red lights for the first 20 minutes? Or a little white smoke on acceleration?

Lets get a little more descriptive.

yes like a binding and barely moves.

while cruising.

about a 5 second puff. then stopped.

Pull the pan and look at the fluid. If it glitters, just get ready to be taking it out.

ok its at the stealer ship gtn checkd out should know someting by tom.

i have a extended warranty but my truck only has 75k miles shouldnt it be under the factory 100k warranty still?? dealer is saying no.

36k on the trans. 100k on anything oil touches in the engine.

thanks. it broke down on me the other day so its def. the trans. hope ex warranty doesnt give me any crap.

not sure if i can talk the dealer into it but any suggestions on aftermarket mods, better torque converter etc..???

Really 36k on the tranny? 100k everything else? I thought tranny was in the 100k warranty.

Pretty sure it's not.

Trans is 3yr/36K and anything that oil touches is 100K like Doug said. Pretty sure the trans is considered a normal wear n tear part so there is nothing above the 36K.

Pretty sure it's not.

Trans is 3yr/36K and anything that oil touches is 100K like Doug said. Pretty sure the trans is considered a normal wear n tear part so there is nothing above the 36K.

Thanks, not that it would apply to me, just building the info database

ok well there basically replace all the guts but the warranty only covering 2919 and the bill is 3383 so i guess the dealers gna get me for 464 better than the whole thing..

Why won't they cover the entire job?
Talk to the zone rep if you think it should be covered 100%. The last time I had tranny issues my dealer tried to soak me with the entire bill, zone rep knocked it down to a $100 deductable

Back