need help with huge turbo!!

12VALVEADAM

Motivated
So now that I have some attention lol I have this huge turbo. From what I know it from a 70 something liter engine. I need to know exactly tho what is it is and the specs. And it know what its worth. Trying to decide to run it or sell it.
104mm3.jpg

104mm.jpg

104mm2.jpg

If that's all you had to say, then why say something at all? I needed to know if anybody ran something this big and the exact size cause non of my tools go that big and accurate it's roughly a 104 mm inducer. But thanks for a whole lot of nothing

It's a cat proprietary turbo, your best bet is to find someone that does have big enough tools to measure it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So you ask for help, and then you bash them. I really dont think that's how it works...

If that's all you had to say, then why say something at all? I needed to know if anybody ran something this big and the exact size cause non of my tools go that big and accurate it's roughly a 104 mm inducer. But thanks for a whole lot of nothing

Good luck getting any help now.

Something like that, is going to be BIG enough that very few have the fuel and cubes to spin it. Also, people usually opt for something proven, rather than buying some huge charger hoping they can make it work.

104mm inducer is not that big honestly, only a 4.09" wheel. There are people spinning 5" chargers...but custom built 5" chargers. Until you pull the covers to measure the wheels, you don't know the whole story.

Chris

My guess is that it is a G-Trim large frame charger. Lots run them as primaries, the 3.0 guys run them as a single in the HX-82 verity, with a different compressor and cover.

The proprietary V-band turbine housing, unknown A/R, funky oil drain fitting, and what I assume are coolant ports, are all things that make it all but useless for 95% of the people that would be in the market for a turbo that size. In other words it won't be worth much to sell.

This thread really never should have been started, as this turbo really is a "If you have to ask..." Sort of scenario.

Last edited:
CAT turbos are all bastards in their own way it seems. As mentioned before you will have to measure it. Buy a proven turbo and know it will work in one way or another or buy a random turbo that has its own proprietary fittings and flanges only to figure out it won't work so you can start over?

Stop being mean...:evil

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
Chris

If only I could, I would. Though seeing "young and wise" in the Title below his avatar, and then posting that nonsense really brings the assh0le out in me.

:lolly:

CAT turbos are all bastards in their own way it seems. As mentioned before you will have to measure it. Buy a proven turbo and know it will work in one way or another or buy a random turbo that has its own proprietary fittings and flanges only to figure out it won't work so you can start over?

If only I could, I would. Though seeing "young and wise" in the Title below his avatar, and then posting that nonsense really brings the assh0le out in me.

:lolly:

Exactly x2

I have tried a ton of different chargers....I know I have spent hours or days making parts fit, only to take it out, find it either runs like hammered owl ****, or blow it up, and then start all over.

12VALVEADAM, chances are, you have no need for anything near this size, so just sell it. Get whatever you can out of it, and go on.

And before you think about trying to get rich on it, think about this....you have it...who else would actually NEED it? How many 70 something liter CAT's are there out there that people are trying to buy turbos from Joe Blow? Those people buy parts, and have them installed by CAT....because they don't care about cost, they care about downtime.

IMHO,
Chris

He was informed what it was and who to contact in interest of selling it before the first reply in this thread, scenarios like this make me question the usefulness of these forums lately.

Last edited:
He was informed what it was and who to contact in interest of selling it before the first reply in this thread, scenarios like this make me question the usefulness of these forums lately.

Some people just like to stir the pot..

Yes and that why I didn't reply after that. It is already handled and I did say thanks you to you Weston. So idk why you had to put something like that? I already talked to tom and got me in touch with albert from the cat selling place. So sorry if I upset anyone one here. Not my intension but its not that had anymore to upset anyone on here it seems like.

after your first response to the thread... you say this?

Like slapping someone in the face and wondering why wtf you just did hurt the guy.

that guy had noting usefull to say but everyone else did. But you akll can think what you want. I said sorry and that is all

So idk why you had to put something like that?

My comment was not directed toward you as explained in my PM. It would appear many are not aware of what it is, nor it's value.

Last edited:
I looked this turbo up and found it to be $10800 turbo. Not a cheap one by far.

I don't think anybody was saying it is not valuable.

We all said to measure it if he wants to know its size and that it probably would not be a viable option on his truck.

I had a longer response, but I just deleted it. Glad the OP got his questions answered.

Chris

Back