Need input on head stud job

01 24v

I have an 06 6.0 with SCT programmer, 4in exhaust, egr delete, CFM plus, intake. I am in the market for head studs and I have been quoted 3000 for ford head, exhaust, and intake gaskets, ARp studs, ford oil cooler and screen, turbo hardware and o-ring kit. That also includes fire ringing the heads.

With that being said my truck is a daily driver, so is the fire ringing a good investment or not.

I wouldn't do the fire ring route either, heard it's no bueno on a daily driver. Some good flat heads and studs with OEM gaskets should be all you need. Even if you're buying new Ford heads, take them to get decked.

On an 06, if it hasn't been done already I would also do the updated stand pipe and dummy plugs, updated STC fitting, updated turbo feed and drain lines, and put a coolant filter on there as well. A new oil cooler (rebuild) is a must.

Mdub707 thanks I was looking into all that as well. I just wasn't sure if I needed it. Cummins8859 I learned my lesson not doing the studs when I did the egr delete

Back