Need more tire again! What do you guys think?

i run a big sinle also and have to leave at over 20 psi, and was having trouble on street tires, i went with nitto 555R's and i still drive on the street with them dont wear to bad and hook pretty good, my 60's are usually between 1.53-1.57 with no burn out, the one time i did a burn out i snapped the output. most tracks i go to are backwoods 1/8 mile that dont prep that great

those are nice tires for sure, but i need something to go on my stock rims for racing, and i cant run a 28inch overall diameter tire, i have 410's..what do you suggest.

those are nice tires for sure, but i need something to go on my stock rims for racing, and i cant run a 28inch overall diameter tire, i have 410's..what do you suggest.

i wish nitto or mickey thompson or M&H would come out with a 31" drag ridial, that would be nice.

One thing we have found out with a 4x is the wieght transfer is not the greatest thing to have. When you transfer wieght to the back you are picking up wieght off the front so then the front tires are losing traction.

Strap the front end down so it lifts up less and that will help you alot.

I have found the opposite... the lighter that I can get the front end my 60's drop dramatically. The trick is to get the front end to lift like that with street tires. I find that if I can get it to balance where I feel the front tires just dance a little bit, I am going to have a good 60.

Hmm, when we did that and the tires start dancin it would spin like crazy.

It is worth about 2 tenths on the 60 for me. If I have it so that the front end stays planted I run mid to high 1.60's, and if I get it setup right I can hit low 1.50's on street radials

im gonna try it like it is tonight. I have straps for the front, so we will probably try it both ways. I planned on strapping the front when i go to drag tires.

Well, nothing worked last night. This thing was killing the tires on every pass. Even on a 12psi launch. We got some video from the rear and this thing isnt transferring weight at all. The rear is only dropping maybe an inch. You can barely see it move at all on the vids. Went 11.26 @120 with a 1.70 60 ft. I was pissed. Almost hit the wall on the last run. It went hard right on the launch. The best 60ft I could do was 1.64 and that was on a 10psi launch. And only once. Everything else was 1.70-1.80 60ft.

I pulled the overload spring off bottom and one leaf. Its got three springs in now. I tried it with two, but I'm gonna have to modify/relocate the bumpstops to go that low. And new shocks, which it needs already

im surprised it didnt squat more than that. i had about 2 inches of travel and my bump stops were hitting pretty hard.

I thought for sure it would squat, but it didnt. Im trying to make a decision to either keep going with this thing or just back it off and run 12.0s again. It was intended to be a daily driver and a 12.0 truck, but as always, its hard to stop. There is really no place for a high 10 second truck. And I really dont wanna do a cage in it. Guess we'll see what happens. Thanks guys for the help

Back