Need new headlights. Which ones don't suck?

ThisPreston

Rookie
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376600129.672953.jpg
My adjustment screws stopped adjustmenting and I got tired of getting flashed so I busted the old headlights out and now I need to replace them. Preferably black background clear lens. I have overly bright HIDs and I ordered 4 PIAA 510 driving lights for the bumper so I'm not real worried about the background dimming the lights. They need to be adjustable. Thanks in advance.

I used some cheap $65 eBay lenses. As long as the corner lamp is a separate piece then they will be adjustable.

I love my sport headlights. You can pick them up fairly cheep nowadays

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

I have one piece lights with the bulb reflector off fleabay and for the longest time I thought they weren't adjustable so I just shimmed beneath the mounts to aim them. turns out the center section that the bulb sits in is the adjustable part. Just my two cents cause I like the look of one piece housing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376671703.803604.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376672002.303887.jpg
I saw a set of the Anzo lights on beans website so I figured I would give them a shot.

I just installed a set of lights from fleabay that look just like the Anzo's you posted Preston. Got them fairly well aimed and they seem OK, better than what I had. The bulbs aren't matched and it never got full dark either though.

I had a set of these in my old 99 tow rig and LOVED THEM! They look awesome and they are adjustable, I would NOT recommend HID's unless you retrofit them projectors I got flashed ALL the time. :bang

I would just get some Halogen bulbs off ebay for around $10-20 and the relay harness from LMC for $30 would be a DRASTIC improvement over OEM headlights.

94 01 Dodge RAM Crystal Black Blk Headlights LH RH Corner Lamps Amber Reflector | eBay

Last edited:
I had a set of these in my old 99 tow rig and LOVED THEM! They look awesome and they are adjustable, I would NOT recommend HID's unless you retrofit them projectors I got flashed ALL the time. :bang

I would just get some Halogen bulbs off ebay for around $10-20 and the relay harness from LMC for $30 would be a DRASTIC improvement over OEM headlights.

94 01 Dodge RAM Crystal Black Blk Headlights LH RH Corner Lamps Amber Reflector | eBay

Exact ones I just bought, and I think I have a relay harness around here somewhere now that I have had my memory jogged (toooooo many projects!).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376932509.916207.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376932529.844791.jpg
I installed the anzo lights this morning. They look nice, but to get them aimed right they have to be way off center and it doesn't really follow the body lines. The real problem I ran in to is in the HIDs themselves. I've had the lights for few years now, but for some reason or another they will not differentiate between lows highs. The high beam indicator light comes on, but no change in the light output. This problem just started today. My multifunction switch is glitchey with my wipers as it is, but I don't want to drop 175 doll hairs on it unless it is the problem. I don't hear any relays clicking and I have checked my connections at the starter boxes. The kit is a digital 55 watt kit I got off eBay. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376933882.170408.jpg
I'm assuming someone in this thread has heard of this happening at one point .

DDM tuning is a fairly long running outfit with a good rep when it comes to the HID conversions, they list these model Dodge trucks as being very problematic with the factory harness. My advice would be to switch to a relay harness first and eliminate the combo of the headlight switch and multifunction switch from the mix.

One thing i never understand is, why doesnt anyone make sport headlights that are nicer looking than stock?

Back