Need opinions on my clutch problem

Well pulled the trans today. Found a couple issue. One being that the input didn't go into the front disk all the way. Also think the disk was in backwards. Does the sticker that says towards flywheel faces the fly wheel correct? Not sure how I missed that when I installed but guess that's what happens when you Wana get things done. Also the disk where tight on the shaft so I will file then down so they slide good and use some graphite lube as well. Hope I didn't damage the clutch to bad the back disk got pretty hot and left some material on the floater and pressure plate. I think it will be fine though might just be grabby for awhile. live and learn now I know what not to do next time I install one haha

send some pics to garywolf@valairinc.com if you like then call him and see what he says, make sure everything slides good, yes the flywheel sticker goes towards the flywheel, it has happend to many at one time or another.

Well got it all back together and it still won't disengage. Not sure what's going on I got the hydro linkage adjusted out pretty far and can push clutch all way in the fork hits the pressure plate. Got the disks where they would slide on the shaft pretty easy and trans went in pretty easy once i got it all lined up. The pedal doesn't feel right. Feels like hydro trying to push but has to much resistance. I'm going to pull the hydro bak off and use my steering wheel puller and manually disengage it and see what it does. I'm bout fed up with it all spent alot of money and time on it and still can't drive the truck. Only thing I'm not sure on is if the fork is turned the right way. Any suggestions?

Well that's why I said that cause I'm not sure I think it was a paint mark does it go to pivot ball side? Sticker at bottom or top?I'm not sure where my instructions are it's been awhile since I first put it in

is this a 4 lever type pressure plate? sintered iron disc's? did it come with studs and shims?

soryy for all the questions, but you shouldnt be having some much trouble.

Yes it's 4 lever sinterd iron. Studs that the pressure plate mount on I assume what your talking about? No shims that I know of.. Not really sure. I only used what parts came with the clutch.

usually when they are sintered iron and have studs there are some shims.
did you measure the lever height?

no sir thats really the only thing i didnt do. i dont remeber any shims coming with it, just some washers and nuts to go on the studs. are those washer sposed to go between the plate and flywheel to act as shims? this very well could be the issue.

the shims would have been very thin and between the pressure plate and flywheel. It usually is set up this way if it has studs in the flywheel.

check it with you steering wheel puller. if you have to get back into it call me on my cell 940eightfivenineonefourninesix

Hey Dan I know it's been awhile since I started this thread but the truck has just been sitting and I finally got around to fooling with it again. Put the puller on it and still wouldn't disengage so I pulled the trans. I laid a straight edge across the pressure plate and measured from it down to the fingers with a tape measure. It was right at 1". Not sure if I measured it the proper way or not.
u3eza5er.jpg

Also the fork is coming into contact with the pressure plate when clutch is fully depressed. (slave rod is adjusted out pretty far might be the cause?)
dymaby7u.jpg

Back