Need some advice

http://youtu.be/8ot3CqGAE3k

This was my last pull this season. I changed the turbine housing out to a .90, and put 4.88 gears. I left the line at 5300RPM but it still would only carry 3800RPM down the track. i dont have anyway of measuring my intake temps at the moment but after i parked and popped the hood i touched the intercooler and it was HOT to the touch and it was only 45 degress that night. Could this be why it felll under at the end of the pull?

Hot intake temps will contribute to losing the charger at the big end. You should look into a good air to water setup. As far as your rpm with what you have done I wouldn't expect much more. The small turbine wheel and housing is holding you back big time. When I first started pulling my truck I had a S475 w/ 83mm turbine and .9 housing and more motor work than you and it was all it would do to see 4000 on a decent track. Switched to a S480 with 96/88 1.32 and it would run 46-4700 down the track. Although I did go to a 13mm pump at the same time but I feel like the charger made the biggest difference.

thanks for your input. thats what i was thinking anyway was that my turbo and intercooler were killing me.

this truck was my daily driver less than a year ago so its still a work in progress. This is only the second year for 3.0's around here so we are still trying to get them figured out.

so what gear ratio would be best 4.88 with the 315s or 5.13s. or should i just drop to a 33" tire and go 4.88s

What Trans? If a 5 spd id drop to the 4.88s and run 4th low, IF you need slower then drop a tire size.

I was having the same problem.. I could leave the line at 5k+ and pull down to 38-3900 and wouldnt gain hardly anything... Wound up being a combo of my IP going down and my turbo... Borrowed a buddies pump and charger and was a world of difference. If youd like more details PM me.

An injection pump cannot force the engine to operate above it's efficiency range. A better tubocharger with the current pump would outperform a 13mm pump with the current turbocharger.

Back