Need some answers to convert a V10 to a real motor.

Ridemywideglide

Diesel NON-Pro
Hey guys,

I dumped my other truck about a year ago, and have been driving a half ton eddie bower and can't take it anymore.
I'm looking at buying a reasonably clean V10 and swapping...

Here's where I need some guidance from all you helpful gent's as you did when I rebuilt the other one.

If I pickup a P-pump commercial (fed-ex, bus, etc) engine, what needs to happen to put that in the truck? Is it just flipping the oil pan and pickup around and changing the manifold?

Perfect world would have me finding a drop-in truck motor for $2k, but I don't think that's happenin' anytime soon.

Also, 92's were IC correct? Assuming this is so, is a head swap required for 2nd gen injectors/lines/p-pump to all go together correctly?

Thanks

We put a motor from a Fed-Ex truck into a first gen. I believe we had to get an oil pan off of a motor from a Dodge application because the pan hit the cross member. Also need an oil pickup from a motor that was put in the Dodges. You're going to need to pick up all the throttle linkages for the P-pump in a Dodge application unless your going to fab them up yourself. Also manifold and intercooler piping will need changed out. All I can remmeber off the top of my head.

Back