Need some help with a 12v build

coope3

I have done the common rail thing in my newer ford, now I am starting the 1976 Ford Conversion and want some opinions on 12v build

I am looking for about 700hp on fuel. We do I start?
I know I will be porting the head, changing the cam, head studs, valve springs, and retainers, but whose pump do yall suggest along with injectors and turbo.

What are you going to do with the truck? toy? DD? Sled? Drag?

SDX 5x24 for injector, do some searching with tony597fitter's name and Southern Diesel Xtreme to find some more detailed info when ordering your injectors, pintle lift, pop pressure, spray pattern ect.

As for the turbo i would just twin it. if money is not a concern i would say a ED 62/68 over something like a s475 or bigger.

That would be my dream setup!

a 5x.024?! for 700hp? i think thats a little over fueled. i would think a 5x.016 or 5x.018 would suffice. get the pump benched. a nice set of twins. then all the other supporting mods should be a good start.

Garrett

a 5x.024?! for 700hp? i think thats a little over fueled. i would think a 5x.016 or 5x.018 would suffice.
Garrett

x2 Considering a few have been able to break 700hp with 370s I don't think the average person needs an injector four times the size to do the same :bang I would look at 5x.016" injectors to start.

5X18 and a 64 over a 480 is a nice 700 fuel only setup with more left over for future modds.

5X18 and a 64 over a 480 is a nice 700 fuel only setup with more left over for future modds.

whose injectors do you suggest and I am thinking of sending the pump to either Garmon or Columbus?

run what your pump shop suggest. I'm sure Garmon will reccomend his E.H. 370's (5x.016)

I run them with my non-benched 180 pump. Air from 62/71 over S480 and I like how it runs. It could use more fuel..

What are you going to do with the truck? toy? DD? Sled? Drag?

SDX 5x24 for injector, do some searching with tony597fitter's name and Southern Diesel Xtreme to find some more detailed info when ordering your injectors, pintle lift, pop pressure, spray pattern ect.

As for the turbo i would just twin it. if money is not a concern i would say a ED 62/68 over something like a s475 or bigger.

That would be my dream setup!

:hehe: No! Do not go that big that is retarded, if your gonna do twins do a S480 and either 62 or 64 or top

whose injectors do you suggest and I am thinking of sending the pump to either Garmon or Columbus?

DDP 4's for injectors, they'll get you to 700hp and still have good street manors and get good MPG's.

IIRC Garmon doesnt bench pumps, he does a ton magical things to them, but benching is one he doesnt do (again thats just what I heard could be wrong). If I was sending my pump somewhere Columbus would be #1 on my list, youll never here anything, but phrase about them. But there are quite a few great options out there.

run what your pump shop suggest. I'm sure Garmon will reccomend his E.H. 370's (5x.016)

I run them with my non-benched 180 pump. Air from 62/71 over S480 and I like how it runs. It could use more fuel..

on side note, I may try a set of SDX injectors someday. I have heard good things about them, and WAY cheaper than competition!

Have you ever dynoed that setup?

I don't think you need one for 700 hp unless you plan on turning 5K

Back