Need some help with events...

JFlagg

Gun for Hire
Here is the deal guys, for those of you who don't know, I'm on active duty in the Army at Jefferson Barracks in South STL. I am working on a deal with my commander where I can schedule recruiting events on MY time, but with support from my unit. The idea is, since I plan at being at as many events as possible, why not make it profitable? My plan is to get some volunteer's from my unit(already have several) and take some of our Army vehicles for display (5 tons, Humvees, etc) and we have a portable rock climbing wall we can bring also. And we have discussed possibly pulling one of the 5 tons for exhibition if we can get permission. I am looking for pulls within an hour or two of STL. County Fairs, brush pulls, that sort of thing. Not only would it be good publicity for the Army, but it could lead to new recruits. So if anyone knows of any local pulls coming up, let me know. I already plan on doing Owensville, Union, Washington, and O Fallon. Illinois is OK too. Thanks for the help guys!

Jeremy

Limited to two hours away? What about the southern Illinois Shootout in March?

I actually have that one on the calendar already...2 hours isn't really a limit. If I don't get swamped with events were I have to pick and choose I would go further. Thing is, if we take some of our military vehicles what would normally be a 2 hour drive may be 3.....

I was just thinking there is the TS event in may, Scheid in August Indy in May/June. We have two good size county fair pulls near me. Get in touch with the Show me Smokers and there is another diesel club near STL but I cant think if the name of it.

I posted already on the show-me smokers new website already. I added the TS event and DHRA Nationals at Indy too. Hopefully this goes through, my Company Commander thinks its a great idea, we'll just have to see what my Bn. Commander thinks....

If you have a group in Tx. we are doing a sled pull on Feb 23. in Alvrado Tx.

Back