Need some info

huck25

Does anybody know if you can buy 1 rocker or do you have to buy a set. I had a cup on the rocker that pushes the bridge that moves the valves break off. Is it possible just to get a new ball and cup or 1 rocker or do I have to get a full set?

Does anybody know if you can buy 1 rocker or do you have to buy a set. I had a cup on the rocker that pushes the bridge that moves the valves break off. Is it possible just to get a new ball and cup or 1 rocker or do I have to get a full set?

You can buy 1 rocker lever... Can't buy the cup or the plastic retainer ring seperately, it is all or nothing. bout 50 bucks from a cummins parts place.

Thanks for the info. Rpainter I would take you up on that but I live in Canada and this is my DD. Hopefully I can figure this out by monday noon. Does it matter what year 24v it is?

heck i run second gen rockers in my truck just to get rid of the plastic parts i had 2 fail in my truck.

Call up Jeff (Snedge) at Mumau... He'll get you set up.

I had 2 rocker arms that were gauled (SP?) up when I rebuilt my upper end, he had them to me overnight for a very reasonable price.

Jeff is the man when it comes to Cummins parts.

Is there any difference between the rockers from first to third gen?

Are you saying that the plastic piece broke off, and you still have the cup?

You can run it without that plastic piece. Just put the cup back on. Once you have that valve adjusted up, that cup will stay in place.

If it is damaged it is possible to buy just one rocker. do you need an intake or an exhaust. Let me know and I'll PM you the part # to aid in your search.

There is a big differance in the 1st gen valve train. :)
but 98.5-07 with interchange.

Thanks Snedge, it's the little cup that goes on the ball on the valve side of the rocker. I believe it's the intake side. It is the shorter of the two in lenght.

Back