Need Trans advice on 47re pressures

SixOhh

EPA unfriendly
The wifes 47re was rebuilt 3 years ago. she hardly drives it and its like a 3rd vehicle now. had a big falling out with a trans builder here in houston and he also lied to me about parts he "installed" on my 48re, then denies any warranty work.

Anyways, i am only saying that to emply his VB work might be shady.

1) It has Hydraulic fluid in it. (im not sure how i feel about that, been reading a lot on the subject)

2) On a cold morning, it will STALL the almighty 24 valve when the trans engages. same in reverse. let it idle in neutral for 15 mins (like we have done for the last 2 winters) and it gets better as it gets warmer. first start of the day is worse, but by the time you get to town you can operate normally, BUT it still has a lot of converter pressure for idling in gear. you really have to hold the brakes! just shifting from forward to reverse you can see some axle wrap.

3) it has about a half a second pause at the 1-2 shift, but only at WOT. TV cable adjustment?

i was thinking of taking pressure readings from the accumulator port on the passenger side Before making any changes, then swapping to ATF+4 and noting pressures again and seeing what physically changes. then drop the pan and go from there.

ideas?
suggestions?
what pressures should i see for a "built trans"?

no clue if it has upgraded apply lever or what drums were done but it has an upgraded converter, full rebuild, input shaft, flex plate and VB mods.

too much pressure at idle? could he have added tractor fluid to make up for some slippage? or because its way cheaper then ATF+4?

stock motor, nothing special AD150. smarty and stock sticks and a blue chip VP. 350k

-M

Back