need turbo help on "different" project

i know of the almighty search feature, but unfortunately there wasnt any insight on my platform (ford 7.3l idi) so i just thought id ask

as of right now i have a BW s366 (66/74/.91 divided T4). im just wondering if this will be able to clear up 340cc of fuel that my ppump produces? think it will be too small? it will be in a drag truck.

my buddy has a 6.9l with about 130cc of fuel and he is running almost an identical turbo as mine, it really starts come alive at around 2200rpms.

But with more then double the fuel as him, will mine light to fast and not perform up top? We both have the same aftermarket cam (its a pretty aggressive one) if that matters much..

any input would be great!

thanks for helping guys!

Only one turbo? You've got room for 3.

Posted to CumminsForum via autoguide for iphone.

:doh: sorry to bring this back up...but... after we dyno'd again my buddy with the idi on 130ish cc of fuel hit 35ish psi on this charger, and peaked at 2800rpms...he has 130cc.. i have 340cc and going up to 4,000 rpm. according to my not so good math skills, if i was running 50 psi then id be off the s366 map with my 7.3l @ 80% VE.....i know its been said that trucks with more fuel then me use this turbo but does the added 2 cylinders (expecting your taking about cummins) and higher displacement make much of a difference?

so the beat to death question *bdh* ,,,can anyone guess what it is??

if your answer was: "compounds or a larger single" then you win!

ill keep doing my research to find what would be more appropriate (compounds or a large single) for what im after but if we can take this old ford idi up to 50psi then id be pretty damn impressed!

if you guys were in a drag truck with 50psi would you rather it come from one or two turbos?? or just keep what i have...id rather spend the money now and get it right

P pumped 7.3! Yummy, need pictures! And at 50 psi it will be ok but look into getting an external gate for it.

so this one will support it fine? like i said my math skills are awful, i tried to map it. ill look into the wastegates. thanks

and in the drag racing section i have a little thread going about it....progress is slow at the moment...waiting to go back and pick up my engine this upcoming weekend

Back