Need Twins tuning help

Buck1

Something
First of all, I was too illiterate and lazy to search for answers to my questions to see if they were already out there. If need be, provide answers, then brand me accordingly.

I have a set of "twins" on a 7.3L. Yes it is a powerstroke, but in the way of doing (2) turbos, Cummins guys have the most history, experience and expertise.

I have a B-1 EX40 (s300) with an HT3B (26cm exh housin). I love them, got them from Racin Duallie, the best mod I have done.

Here is my issue. Boost pressure runs 1:1 or 1:1.1 while cruising. When I lay in to it, it hits 1:1.5 or greater. What do I need to do? At 55lbs boost on small charger, big charger is about 15 lbs. What is optimal boost ratio for small to big charger? Right now the wastegate on the small charger is clamped shut, if I was to open it up, would the big charger breath more? What is the exhaust housing size on the B-1? I have heard maybe 14 cm? Do they make a 16? I am told the chargers are too small for the engine, but there is zero lag and it is fun to drive, so I beg to differ. The truck does have adequate fueling and supporting modifications. Should have the indgredients to be in the 5-600 HP range. I spoke with Industrial Injection and went throw some options, but there was an understandable uncertainity on there end due to my application.

As always any help and input is much appreciated.

Ya open up that wastegate around 25 or so to start with and see how it does. That gate opening up is going to feed the big charger and let it run.

Cool. Kinda advice that I need. Will try that as soon as I get home.

Bjans is right, the gate needs to open to improve flow and reduce drive pressure.

Back