Needing Wheel Help!

ROSKOE115

SLICKER THAN A FRESH BASS
Ok here is my delima, right now I am running the Raceline Renegade 16x10 w/ 4.50 back spacing wheels on my truck with M&H race master 12.00-16's. Problem is that they stick out to far, the tire it's even trying to blister towards the inside. I am wanting to bring the tires in closer to center line and try to help the traction and wear. I DO NOT want to cut the axle since this is still my daily driver. When the tire is on the truck it looks to have plenty of room to come in until it rubs the spring.

What wheel or back spacing do yall recomend or are you running on your 2nd gen's right now? I am not wanting to spend a fortune, it's a VP truck for chit sake. I am just trying to help it out and make it look and work a little better.

Here is a picture to possibly help get a visual.

Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
Heath, As you know I was in this same dilemma. I finally called around and found the Real Wheel "Puller Special". They were 307 each, but worth it for me. 16x12 with 8" BS. They tuck nicely, are very lightweight, and will last me forever.

Thats quite a bit of money for wheels. I was praying a company like weld, raceline, or american racing would have something but not having any such luck.

I'm running MT 16X10 wheels with M&H 12X16 Nostalgia Slicks. I don't know what the backspacing is but they are what is listed for a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500. I haven't had any problems with either the inner or outer edges of the tires. I run about 13.5 psi prior to my burnouts. My slicks stick out about 2" as well.

Last edited:
I'm running MT 16X10 wheels with M&H 12X16 Nostalgia Slicks. I don't know what the backspacing is but they are what is listed for a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500. I haven't had any problems with either the inner or outer edges of the tires. I run about 13.5 psi prior to my burnouts. My slicks stick out about 2" as well.

Do you have any pictures of it or a part number for them?

you are going to have a hard time finding a 'street' wheel that will fit over factory drums with any BS over 4.5" or so.... unless you have disc rears?

Here's a stock GM PYO over my D70 drum:
7240961678_79c780fc92.jpg

I need to ditch these drums...it appears.

Link for the Real racing wheels:
Welcome to Real Racing Wheels

It took a lot of researching and looking to figure out that I would have to just get some made. Then it took several calls to find any below $400 each. $307 is not bad considering you can't find wheels for our trucks like this. I think they said mine weigh around 14 lbs each.

I run M&H 12.0/ 16's with their tubes. I had to build a washer/spacer to make the valve stem snug. I also drilled the wheels for tire screws. It runs down the track amazing at around 13 psi.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358738312.903652.jpg

Sorry for all the posts, but I keep remembering more details. They called this their puller special because theres no design cut out of the wheel. It has steel lug hole inserts that accept the stock acorn nuts.

Back