Never saw this coming..

Limited

Slow N' Quiet
Damn. Its a DTT billet input, anyone know if they will cover it? I am not the original owner of the trans. Picture sucks, but it is twisted pretty bad.

Swoled.

Attachments

• Shaft2.bmp
    729.1 KB · Views: 0
Shaft.jpg

Lost 3rd and 4th gear, and reverse. Finally got around to pulling it yesterday and found it twisted while looking everything over.

bsmith why not? The shop I bought it from thinks they should cover it but I doubt it.

mainly because you can't prove you didn't race our abuse the shaft .. therefore the breakage

They will say it broke because of you. Maybe they will but I haven't seen many cases over the years on the forums where they did.

Good luck.

I did race and pull, I didn't realize your not supposed to do that?:what:

So much for unbreakable, my truck is nothing compared to the real pullers. I twisted it in 3 pulls and 6 dragstrip passes. What a joke, what the hell will hold then?

You didnt buy it new? Man that sucks. I wonder if its really a billet shaft. From what I understand they are supposed to be good for anything. I bought mine used and it is still good, maybe I got lucky and got what I paid for.

Warranty on shafts and unbreakable lol. Unless your vendor is nice to give a replacement because of loyalty but that's far and few between. Proper Trans and valve body setup can help prevent abrupt/locked shifts. Call Garmon for a shaft setup and valvebody work.

I've got a broken billet shaft from them too, it's my issue not there's, I'd bet I've exceeded 100 lock shift with it, lowest hp is 600, highest was 870!

Jim

i hear tcs shafts are pretty good, i run one and havent had any issues, quite a few locked shifts and drag racing , approx 500hp

I wouldn't expect it to be warranted if I were you.

I had mine warranted by another vendor, don't know why, but it was appreciated. But not original buyer....doubt it

And there is absolutely no such thing as "unbreakable", especially in a diesel transmission. Hell I snapped a billet input cruising at 45, just went pop

My stock shaft is still alive in the Junker Drag Truck. It no longer has a "cushion" single disk converter so it might not make it much longer.

I do plan to find it's limit in the next few track outings, now that all of my boost leaks and questionable silicone fittings are fixed, I'm seeing 80 psi boost, time to add some more fuel!

Called them today, they said hell no. There is no warrenty on their shafts at all. I didn't really think they would cover it but it was worth a call. Its several years old so I don't really think its on them anymore. But I did think they would cut me a deal on the next one, but nope. So I'm screwed. If they would have worked with me at all I was going to buy a master kit from them too, but I think I will shop around now. Oh well, at least ATS will cover my TC, since the splines inside it are twisted.

Back