New 24 valve steel manifold

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I though I would show everyone the new steel manifold from ZZ custom fabrications , he has had a few people. that wanted steel manifolds fto go on pullers up north that run big boost numbers.
He is finishing the new side entrance CR manifold where the inlet points to the side. and still allows the stock heater grid to be installed , om that side port , haven any pictures of that yet , Project X has one coming , as its readied for the Texas Mile this spring . Ray Little is going to drive it down there and we calculate that the truck should run in the 180 MPH range .

also a few pictures of his work, he is producing quite a few 12 valve and 24 valve and the orders are comming in .

Attachments

• 24vcr_steel_manifold-002.jpg
    24vcr_steel_manifold-002.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 24vcr_steel_manifold-007.jpg
    24vcr_steel_manifold-007.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Project X as in the 3rd gen dodge running 180MPH??? I dont think I would want to be driving that one. I know when I had a 95 Dodge to 150mph it was not exactly sticking to the road, I bet at 180 its plenty squirley. :)

I’m not wild about it either, but we are confident it should get there.

We have a new ford 9" for a weight savings of 430 lbs and the ability to change gears. We have a new gear vendor over drive coming and a 2.47 gear. it should be strange,

We are going to a 4.10 or 4.33 gear for drag racing; the 3.70 show us a lot of data that was contradictory to the typical diesel methods. Most told us to go to the 3.53 or what ever that higher gear was. We stayed with the 3.70 and the short 28 tall M&H drag radial, this was the more along the lines of what we believed the truck wanted. The results were a 1.62 60’ from a 2WD and little or no tire spin. The truck did hit the rev limet at 1100 foot only running a 118 mph , but who cares about the big end its about getting there in as little time as possible.

Last edited:
The gear vendors should keep you from hitting the limiter when racing. They vibrate alot though, so be shure to mount it well in order to avoid oil leaks. Be shure someone gets a video of the 3rd gen running 180MPH, that way I can prove I am not the only one who is insane. :) LOL

I can't wait! At some point in the future I will reveal the required electronics that we have been experimenting with on Project X, and soon and everyone will be able to acquire them.
I have built a toothed wheel that mounts on the U joint yoke for the 9” and a mount for the sensor. This will allow us to offset the signal sent to the computer, this will facilitate the use of other then stock gear ratios and higher top end speeds. I will also look in to the same set up for the stock rear AMA 11.5.

I wished we had started with a single cab and with a back half, this would have easily been a true street 10 second truck

Last edited:
I love you guys but "for shure"? I need to start a poll on Comp Diesel that asks how many graduated HS and could pass a 5th grade grammar class lmao. 3rd writing skills are rampant with diesel owners(Robbie?????)

Back