New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

Got any ideas on how your gonna mount the sides? I’m about to start on mine. I can’t decide which way I want to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just going to mount them with some small 3/4" tubing and mount plates. I am going to run a gutted tailgate and bed cover also, in an attempt to keep these no prep guys from complaining. It will be a big deal if I roll up with a bunch of tube everywhere, even though it will still weigh twice as much as some of those cars.

I have been trying to research carbon fiber plate for the dash, bed cover, and door panels. Jegs has 2x4' sheets of composite carbon fiber for $109 a sheet. I dont know how it would compare to just thin aluminum as far as weight goes. I did weigh the bed sides, 30.2lbs each. I believe the fiberglass sides are 14lbs each, so not a huge weight savings there and I can keep my factory tail lights, along with the fact they are "steel quarters" which is a big deal at some races.

I am just going to mount them with some small 3/4" tubing and mount plates. I am going to run a gutted tailgate and bed cover also, in an attempt to keep these no prep guys from complaining. It will be a big deal if I roll up with a bunch of tube everywhere, even though it will still weigh twice as much as some of those cars.

I have been trying to research carbon fiber plate for the dash, bed cover, and door panels. Jegs has 2x4' sheets of composite carbon fiber for $109 a sheet. I dont know how it would compare to just thin aluminum as far as weight goes. I did weigh the bed sides, 30.2lbs each. I believe the fiberglass sides are 14lbs each, so not a huge weight savings there and I can keep my factory tail lights, along with the fact they are "steel quarters" which is a big deal at some races.

Yea I’d agree with you there I’d like to go that route aswell. I’d say my sides are probably alittle closer to 35-40 but if you figure out something for the cover let me know!

398803a6d28de62426d7a06f08bf8f5b.jpg

5a46169f1e77b13767e327e57cc4a424.jpg

9b0e1c62921abf8014e47580a4fff0aa.jpg

I love it, BTTB! my dream truck is a full tube chassis NHRA Pro Stock Truck style cummins...

I see the back half just threw itself together. Great progress man.
Looks like that list on the cab is only growing.

Did you gut the tailgate. Looks like it’s just the outer skin?

I love it, BTTB! my dream truck is a full tube chassis NHRA Pro Stock Truck style cummins...

Thank you sir.

I see the back half just threw itself together. Great progress man.
Looks like that list on the cab is only growing.

Haha! Like I told my wife, this is just the first draft of the pre-list. Just wait until it makes its first pass, that list will be the big one with all the things that need to be changed/fixed. :hehe:

Did you gut the tailgate. Looks like it’s just the outer skin?

Yessir, I will mount it with some quick latches. I have 94lbs in both bedsides, tailgate, and mounting material right now. The tailgate weighed 55lbs in stock form, its at 19lbs right now as a single layer of sheet metal.

Yessir, I will mount it with some quick latches. I have 94lbs in both bedsides, tailgate, and mounting material right now. The tailgate weighed 55lbs in stock form, its at 19lbs right now as a single layer of sheet metal.

I dig it man! I’ve been deciding if I want to run a tailgate on mine or not. Considered doing this as well. Wasn’t sure how it would turn out.

I got the grill and headlights today, so I can finish mounting everything on the front end.

a0b64f94829ba9f38aa7d2c6b476d765.jpg

Don’t paint it. Leave the body panels just like they are. Throw everyone for a loop. A fruit loop.

^^ Possibly truck name?

Man it's looking awesome.
I appreciate it.

Don’t paint it. Leave the body panels just like they are. Throw everyone for a loop. A fruit loop.

^^ Possibly truck name?

Haha, I would rather not be called "Fruit Loop". I plan to paint it black, at the no-prep races they want names, so I figured "The Black Sheep" would fit well in a gasser event. :rockwoot:

I appreciate it.

Haha, I would rather not be called "Fruit Loop". I plan to paint it black, at the no-prep races they want names, so I figured "The Black Sheep" would fit well in a gasser event. :rockwoot:

:poke: ummmmm.

What's the measurement from the front 4 link mounts to the back face of the block?

Also, what's the crank centerline height from the ground? (Roughly)

Slow progress, but at least it’s something. I got the hood latch/upper rad and intercooler mount bar built and worked on getting the steering shaft mocked up. Turns out I am going to need a steering rod going into the cab. I would say getting these shafts set up properly is the hardest part of a R&P conversion... kinda nerve racking, but it really should be.

9e0b0e1772a836cd8c4bd06b5be03754.jpg

b3bb6dc6f3317bbd50f4ec7d26e111f9.jpg

837b01a3060b365d4aa3b5224a00962f.jpg

1e33ccd9fd4ca0d48d1385b99c083b31.jpg

dc22a6eef1eed9a490916f763d011b2c.jpg

Perfect pics of the steering, Thank you... coming together nice

Back