New amps....something different...

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Gonna try some Italian horsepower for the stereo.
Ordered a pair of Audio System X-Ion amps last night.
I know...most people have never heard of them...Audio System makes the Mosconi line also. Both are imported by Orca Designs, the same people that import Focal and a few other high end lines. Not cheap....but they look bad ass and sound phenomenal.

70.6 for my 3 way front stage. 90x4 for my mids and tweeters plus 2x190 for my mid bass
421295_2781013644174_1223174939_32148712_2025694041_n.jpg

280.2 for my sub. 1480 watts of super clean A/B power @ 2 ohm
car_hifi_verstaerker_2_kanal_audio_system_x_ion_280_2_bild_1283853907.jpg

I don't really know anything about audio systems (in general, not the company "Audio System"), but my instincts tell me what you have there is awesome Rich!

How much did all that cost?

I have another of focal going into mine after motor is done, audio x, is the cats azz!!!!

gawd the amount of sound one count make with just your used equipment........ what ya got layin around that might push a pair of 10w3's better than a JL 500/1 monoblock?

Hadn't planned on it...may move some of it into my work truck.

I only own 11 amplifiers right now...wouldn't wanna run short. LOL

I used to believe that spending lots of coin on amps really made an audible difference. The more I spent the "better" I perceived them to sound. For me,it all came from being involved in stereo in the early 80's.

Back in the day there was this company SpeakerWorks, who built a pretty severe sounding Buick GN with four Alpine 3545's, horns, 10 inch midbasses..etc. after hearing that and Harry Kimura's Accord I learned that it really was all in the install and less is more.

I have always strived for SQ over SPL. From ADS, Nakamichi, Linear Power, Carver and Alpine to Butler, Soundstream, PPI, Audiotec Fischer (Brax), Audison and now JL. Perhaps I have l lost some hearing over the years, perhaps I never had the "golden ear" but if you perceive that you hear the difference between one quality amp and another you should take the Richard Clark challenge and collect some money.

Here is more info on it: Richard Clark Amplifier Challenge FAQ

I change stuff because I like playing with new stuff....these are what caught my eye for the time being for several reasons...the 6 channel is perfect for my 3 way front stage with plenty of power on tap, the 2 channel has TONS of power for a sub in a small sealed enclosure, they fit into the space I'm working with and the style is somewhat old school and will look good when I'm done.
I'm pulling JL amps to put these in, I'm well aware of how good they are and recommend them all the time....I just like different stuff. These are different.
I've been watching the new Linear Power stuff for a while too....those are on my radar just because.

I'm well aware of the amp challenge....I never said anything other than these sound great. Given the rest of my SQ system I wouldn't put in anything that doesn't.

Do you know where one could get an amp repaired Rich? I have an old A/D/S that I LOVED, but the power on circuit is dorked up and it cycles on and off. it's been on a shelf for way too long!!!

Richard is the Tucker Max of the mobile audio world. He buys something amazingly hot, bangs the $hit out of it, then brushes it aside for the next hot thing.

... come to think of it, he's kinda like that with other things too. :hehe:

Richard is the Tucker Max of the mobile audio world. He buys something amazingly hot, bangs the $hit out of it, then brushes it aside for the next hot thing.

... come to think of it, he's kinda like that with other things too. :hehe:

Pepsi....out-da nose.... :hehe:

Back