New best for Casper, 10.65 @ 130

McRat

60' - 1.711 (trans was 250 deg due to other lane's staging issues.)
1/8th - 6.926 @ 104.93
1/4 - 10.658 @ 130.52

Thats great, your times keep getting faster. You really know how to tune, Impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truck runs great and looked awesome.....maybe that's why they wouldn't let your wife race it.:doh:

Sootman, you were lookin good.

Cannot believe they wouldn't let her race. Complete CRAP!!!!!!

sootman said:
Truck runs great and looked awesome.....maybe that's why they wouldn't let your wife race it.:doh:

Guys this is a thread about what Mcrat's truck did. Lets not start it down the ugly path.

Pat, I was in the suite and watched you run that pass. It freakin moved. As soon as it left, I knew that was going to be a freakin killer pass. I had the same issues with the lights on 3 passes, I sat for 15 seconds with both lanes fully staged on one of them waiting. Not sure what the deal was with the lights, but it was a problem all weekend.

Any video? That is a super fast run....is this truck a true daily driver?

9 LIVES said:

Yes, I drive the kids to school in it, and the bed is banged up from hauling parts.

It is true ProStreet Legal yet is actually a truck you'd let your wife drive. ;)

It runs on DOT street-legal tires, is registered, insured, and safe on the street.

If you follow my posts, there is nothing secret in the truck or the tuning. You can build one for about $20k in parts.

9 LIVES said:

Yeah, McRat's truck is one of the best examples of ProStreet out there. Extremely quick and yet very functional.

Congrats, that is a real fun truck to watch. I wish I had a 10 second daily driver:Cheer:

I love the fact that it can run a 10 second 1/4 and then go get some McDonalds and bring it home to the kids. That is awesome! keep up the good work. Sweet video...half the smoke as most 10 second trucks

Diesel Tech said:
Got to love what *nx* does for a diesel

Yes, we used nitrous. And a 5-speed Allison. With 70+ passes on it untouched.

The nitrous betrayed us though. It neither got the gains we expected, nor did it help us in the eliminations.

NOS didn't betray you, it put you into the 10's. When you quit thinking you can just slap it on and it works, you can and will make better gains. Just as all the other power adders you must first learn how to use it properly. I was standing on the line when you ran Jimmy in eliminations and you had transmission shifting issues and the NOS setup wrong. That's not the fault of the NOS, you need to sit back and work with it for awhile but it did reduce the smoke greatly from what you were doing without it at the event.

I'm going to put you two in a sandbox and you can decide which one buries the other, ok?

Back