New Best for ZMBYKLR (Vids)

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Truck is a 2003 F250 6.0 Powerstroke diesel. Started life as a regular cab 2wd long bed. Now it's a regular cab 4wd short bed.

Previous best 1/4 mile time was 12.19 @ 112. That was on 33x13.5 tires, 7420lbs race weight.

After that the truck went to G Racing and Performance Truck Products in Texas for a 4.5" Icon lift and some mo bigger injectors and turbo along with a few other things.

Picked Sunday I went to Ford vs Chevy in Gulfport, MS and got a new best time at a higher weight. :D It did a best of 11.93 @ 113. That was on 37x13.5 tires, 7640lbs race weight.

I only got to make 4 passes. First one was junk since I didn't get on top of the turbo before I launched (13.9 @ 100 LOL ). Second pass was the 11.93 @113. Third pass was the start of eliminations. I dialed in an 11.93 but had the other guy covered by the 1000' make and got on the brakes for a 12.0 @ 94.12. Good thing too because I definitely would've broke out if not. The 1/8 mile ET was a tenth quicker and a mph faster. Fourth pass I dialed in an 11.83 based off the 1/8 mile of the previous run, but unfortunately I must've got something on my front tires. When I launched it spun some and I ended up running an 11.94 @ 113. Other guy won with a win margin of .0494. Oddly, it was another Superduty Powerstroke that I lost too, lol- an '08 F450 dually with Spartan.

Apparently the crowd was really enjoying the truck too. You can hear them chear when the truck won, and a collective "awwwww" when it lost. :hehe:

Anyway, here's two of the three vids I got. I didn't bother posting the first one because it was apparently shot with less than potato. And yes, the zombie head stoyed on the front of the truck during the racing. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBZWTgPz4w"]ZMBYKLR at 2013 Ford vs Chevy at Gulfport Dragway - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0_BuwE5RZw"]ZMBYKLR at Ford vs Chevy 2013 Gulfport Dragway - YouTube[/ame]

null_zpsf605a719.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear! This is definitely a cool truck, especially for October. It's really making some power now, too. Can you post the breakdown of your 11.93 run?

I'm the left lane, number 511:

null_zps8023e99f.jpg

And here's the run that was going quicker and faster but I lifted since I had the guy covered. You can see the 1/8 mile and 1000' times are a fair bit better.

null_zps549453fa.jpg

And my losing 11.94 run. I must've got something on the front tires because it spun some when I launched.

null_zpscc6e38a1.jpg

And a huge thanks to the people that busted their butts to get the truck ready in time: Full Force Diesel, G Racing, Twisted Diesel Performance, Performance Truck Products, Gearhead Performance, Marty's Diesel, and also to 02BigD for getting the trans over to Twisted.

That sum b!tch is movin!!! Congrats man, that is impressive on 37's! :clap::clap:

That sum b!tch is movin!!! Congrats man, that is impressive on 37's! :clap::clap:

Yeah, I tired doing it in my crewcab long ago. Got really close but not quite there. To this day I regret not staying a little longer and putting a bigger jet in:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cEp3gSJ_s0"]Imelmos 12.18 run in Bowling Green - YouTube[/ame]

It has:

2003 F250 6.0

headstuds (obviously LOL )
Complete Performance fuel sump
Marty's Diesel fuel pump system
Strictly Diesel regulated return
Full Force 225/100 injectors
Dieselsite high output hpop
AFE air intake
Performance Truck Products 71mm VGT (not released yet; I'm testing for them)
No Limit intercooler piping
Hellmann intercooler
Cen-Tex Diesel uppipes
Absolute coolant filter and egr delete
Twisted Diesel trans
Diesel Performance Converter
Gearhead tuning

And there's a build thread for the rest of the truck here: Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Back