New best tonight...........Anyone see a problem??? LOL

matty169

New best for me also tonight, and.............Big problem.................LOL
Boy, do I need taller tires or more gear.........
2WD
60ft.......1.8688
1/8........7.6875
1/8mph..94.44
1000ft....9.9373 (coasting locked converter)
1000ft mph...107.91(coasting with locked converter)
1/4 e.t.....12.02
1/4mph....101.54

Talk about gear bound!!!!!!!LOL

Blue chip-X VP44
Silver Bullet 64
Fire Punk Trans.....thanks Lavon!!!:woohoo:

Haha my vp truck looked like that on a WOT pass it would
60ft 1.75
1/8 7.50 @ 95
1/4 11.6x @ 115!

Those must be some short tires! Try some 33x10.5W's.

well........

Those must be some short tires! Try some 33x10.5W's.

I was gonna order some till I saw they want them on a 15" WIDE wheel!!!
Mine are 28" drag radials. Still messing with pressures and what boost to leave at.

Last edited:
That's a good 60' on drag radials. Fill out your sig so what we know what you are driving.
What's your truck weigh? Any suspension mods? Tuner? My 12.2 was with an edge juice on level 2

Sig........

That's a good 60' on drag radials. Fill out your sig so what we know what you are driving.
What's your truck weigh? Any suspension mods? Tuner? My 12.2 was with an edge juice on level 2

I filled out my Sig, but I dont see anything show up........

NEVER MIND.....LOL

NO real suspension mods, removed some leafs on the rear, lowered a little.......weighs about 6300lbs.(I think)
No traction bars or anything like that

Last edited:
I was gonna order some till I saw they want them on a 15" WIDE wheel!!!
Mine are 28" drag radials. Still messing with pressures and what boost to leave at.

12-inch wheels will work fine...they recommend that for people who want to get every last ounce of contact patch on their 6 second passes. Mine are on my truck mainly for the height.

wow good job, can't wait to see what mine runs like. Keep us updated on when you get dialed I'n!

Bump up the tire size like these guys say. That will be competitive in the index classes with a 1/8th time like that.

Thats just what I had for tires/wheels at the time(bought from a member here). My street tires are 305/45/22 but suck at the strip. Might buy some wheels that aren't 16", as tire size seems limited.

Thats probably what I am gonna try since my wheels are 10". Cant decide between 31 or 33" diameter. Looking at these.....

12.00/16 Nostalgia

13.00/16 Nostalgia

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires Wheels

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires Wheels

OR......... 3:31 rear gear and keep the drag radials, although that might make a shiddy daily driver with 33" tires.
After I get my best times with this set-up I have a BW 67.7 FMW/race cover, billet wheel turbo and a Steed manifold sitting here to try. When I get the best times with that set-up it is gonna see nitrous and a gate and see what goes POP.

Last edited:
10.5W's will work fine on a 6-inch wheel.....

Just kidding....

This weekend I think I am going to a better hooking track with the same set-up. I am pretty sure I can get the 60 ft. down to 1.6 or so(hopefully). Changing converter tomorrow to see if I can get it to spool a little better. 1800 stall now(I think) and stock stall tomorrow.

Buying some Mach 7 sticks to try. Still debating on 3:31 gears

Anyone think removing muffler and resonator will improve times?

Last edited:
Back