New Dyno Numbers W/ A big Surprise!

TTR 21

Human Spear
Well i hit the rollers yesterday and if you havent seen lately i added a new turbo and manifold to my list of goodies. tied the beast down and was excited to see what she was pushing. When i looked at the computer after the first pull i almost started to cry. truck only made 455HP and 954TQ.:bang thats 53HP less than with stock turbo, injectors and CP3. did a few more pulls and saw a highest of 458HP and 969TQ. I was pretty much pissed beyond belief and wanted to sell the truck right then. after i cooled down we tracked down a guy with a Smarty TNT and convinced him to load it on my truck to see if it made a difference! set smarty to sw9 and rp3 everything else was at default. fired the truck up again and gave it another shot. right away i could tell it sounded alot different. as i walked over to the computer to see what she layed down i was absolutely blown away. believe it or not it layed down 667HP and over 1200TQ.:rockwoot: Dyno only measured up to 1200TQ and flat lined on the graph. needless to say i am a smarty fan now and bought the thing from the guy right then and there. Im sure with somemore tuning on the smarty it could do 700HP.

Here is the dyno graph comparison between the Bullydog and the Smarty!

IMG_1196.jpg

When i looked at the computer after the first pull i almost started to cry. truck only made 455HP and 954TQ.:bang thats 53HP less than with stock turbo, injectors and CP3. did a few more pulls and saw a highest of 458HP and 969TQ. I was pretty much pissed beyond belief and wanted to sell the truck right then.

Dont Worry, I'm Fighting the same urge after this weekend's dyno day I attended.

In my best Rick James voice...

Timing is a hell of a drug..

:hehe:

But seriously, glad you didn't have to cover it in kerosene and toss a match to it.

Nice pull.

yeah rob is a great guy and i think he knows more about diesels than everyone combined.

Get Tnt-r And Add A Tst To The Mix, Spend Some Time On The Dyno To Tune.... 700+hp...

Get Tnt-r And Add A Tst To The Mix, Spend Some Time On The Dyno To Tune.... 700+hp...

Im running the TNT tune now and from what i understand the only difference between that and the R tune is the TNT-R is vin locked to one vehicle and it will fuel and rev to 4000rpm. this is my daily driver and i dont really see the need to have 4000rpm. i was think about a tst but have heard they do alot better on earlier CR. please correct me if im wrong about any of this. im still new to this smarty thing. haha

Thats awesome!

I showed up and watched the first 5 or 6 runs but had to leave while they waited for Darin to bring a Smarty. I had the feeling that Smarty would bring that thing to life and hold crap did it ever!

That is a very nice truck you have!

UPDATE! Went back to the dyno a few weeks ago with some new found smarty knowledge and with some tweaking to the wastegate and different settings with the smarty I was able to squeeze 681 hp out of her. I think it's time for a stage 3 cp3!

Sorry if I missed it but what size turbo did you put on? Was that with stock sticks? Nice pull thought!!:Cheer:

Engineered diesel better bullet 66/74/14 and 130 hp sticks!

you should have tried a different tune out on the bullydog. In my experience on my 05 the bullydog kills the smarty but every truck is different. congrats on the good numbers

What tune are you using on your 05 that works as good as the Smarty? I have an 05 too.

Im running the TNT tune now and from what i understand the only difference between that and the R tune is the TNT-R is vin locked to one vehicle and it will fuel and rev to 4000rpm. this is my daily driver and i dont really see the need to have 4000rpm. i was think about a tst but have heard they do alot better on earlier CR. please correct me if im wrong about any of this. im still new to this smarty thing. haha

incorrect the tst helps extend duration past the point of smarty's capabilities... Marco and I spent much time trying to get the smarty to TNT-r/TSt stack performance but was never able too... TnT-r is vin locked but will add horsepower over TnT, even if you dont use the 4k feature... personally i made 603hp with stock injectors and pump with a bullet for air with the TnT-r/TST on 3/0 standard.

also try different setting on the smarty most often people dyno more horsepower on less then kill, i make my best smarty only horsepower on sw8 timing 3or4.

Back